“Best pancakes in the world!!!”
Review of The Griddle Cafe

Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours
Neighbourhood: Hollywood
Reviewed 10 October 2017

I was in L.A. in June 2017 and had to try the Griddle Cafe after reading several reviews. The place was full on a weekday, but I managed to find a spot at the counter. I ordered the "Golden Ticket" (without walnuts) and loved them!! I even ate the homemade whipped cream on top. (I'm not a really big fan of whipped cream either) Even though I love pancakes and usually have a big appetite, I only made it through about a quarter of the meal and I was stuffed! I did not see one person leave without a to go box. I loved the french press coffee too. (Wish more restaurants did that) It's a cool idea. The only reason for giving the restaurant only 4 out of 5 stars was the fact that since I was staying in a hotel room without a refrigerator or microwave, I ended up having to throw out the rest of the pancakes. I literally was also not hungry for the next 2 days! Best pancakes ever! Just a little too much food.

1  Thank 302jacem
Write a ReviewReviews (1,471)

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Managed to snag a quiet spell, service excellent and quick. Staff friendly and chatty. Portions are HUGE - id recommend sharing although they will give you a take out box :) def a place to visit if you have the time.

1  Thank RooskieDoosk
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

We had breakfast here the other day and loved it. Our server was wonderful and made great recommendations on the menu. The coffee was served in French presses, which was fun. As a warning, they serve huge portions and the place was pretty full by 9:30 AM. We were able to walk in and get a table pretty easily around 8:30 AM.

2  Thank Archer11
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

We live close to the griddle and the line in front starts early. Best meal is breakfast (HUGE pancakes so definitely share). Lunch salads are slot of lettuce & just a bit of content on top. LOVE their French press coffee. Best thing about the griddle is the huge quantities.Worst thing about The griddle is the somewhat snooty attitude of the servers and owner.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Best Pancakes!! We definitely ordered a variety of different breakfast and share them because everything was so good definitely will be back there thanks for the great service as well