“Cozy, Friendly, Good Food”
Review of Maxwell Cafe

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Westside
Reviewed 10 October 2017

What a great place to go for a quick meal with a friend or for a meeting. This is a place I passed hundred of times but now that I have discovered this little gem I will go back often. Comfort food and healthy choices. Service with a smile. Very small and cozy venue.

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

Try their chilaquiles (add chorizo) and breakfast burrito with chorizo! Also their pancakes (with banana and peanut butter)

Reviewed 18 June 2016

Maxwell Cafe has been in the Marina for ages. It is an older place and over the years became popular as a breakfast spot. It was average then, it is terrible now.
First, you will wait in line for up to an hour to sit down. The place is small so I would not mind the wait, if the food was any good. It is not.
I had pancakes that were overcooked, burned on one side and my over easy eggs were over hard. It was dreadful. I don't send food back ever when I am with company so I just ate the edges. The home style potatoes were tasteless and I am so sick of red peppers in my potato--please learn something new.
The service was so very slow. I am not sure if my eggs were ruined because of the cook or if they were under hot lights and just kept cooking. I really don't care the reason.
They have fresh orange juice. That is nice.
There is an IHop down the street on Lincoln, go there instead. It may not have the best food, but it is not burnt and you get what you pay for.
This was no more than over priced, gee, let's try to be cool silliness.
Avoid.

Reviewed 19 May 2016

Was just in LA for a day layover coming back to the states from Europe and met up with a couple friends. We ended up here after being told it was a really cool spot and one of their favorites. It really is pretty sweet, quick service/seating to table, booths, attentive waiter/ress, etc. My only concern is that now only a few days after there is nothing about it that screams, OMG THAT WAS SO GOOD. And that, on top of the fact that I couldn't even recall what it was I ate, means a lot. Usually when you go to places you either rave about how delicious something was, or the opposite.

Perhaps I ordered the wrong items (maxwell omelette, potatoes, fruit, and smoothie *which side-note, smoothie was actually pretty yummy!*), but personally I love to be able to remninice and be blown away by my dining experiences... even if it's just a quick breakfast.

All in all, it was a good breakfast however - just not mind-blowing. Try it for yourself for sure, order what you wish - and let me know how it is (and tell me what to order next, in case I make it back) xx

Reviewed 2 March 2016

I liked eating breakfast at Maxwell's. The place is nice and clean, and the people are friendly. What I got the first time was their french toast, which I adored. Yummy bread, and you can pay $2 more to get 100% maple syrup. It is really good.

Oh, and the coffee is good too.

*wink wink*