“Memorable Italian Food in Venice...Venice, California” 4 of 5 bubbles

Price range: US$21 - US$30
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Venice
Reston, Virginia
“Memorable Italian Food in Venice...Venice, California”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2012

This small, intimate restaurant would be easy to miss on Main Street in Venice with its name only written on an awning mounted on the side of the structure - BUT if you are in the area and looking for a very special, but upscale Italian dinner, make every effort to FIND IT and GO!

The pasta is made in-house daily and the menu goes way beyond the normal fare of an Italian restaurant , making eating there a bit more adventurous than you would usually expect, with incredibly delicious offerings like pasta with wild boar sauce, or red beet pasta...amazing! We were in LA for two weeks and ended up going twice - because we wanted to share the experience with others! There is also a small outdoor heated patio option. Reservations are a must because it is a small restaurant!

I shaved a star off my rating for 2 reasons and neither of them involved the quality of the food or service: The only negatives were:
1. It was quite noisy and made conversations with a group of 6 a challenge...eating on the patio on a warm evening could alleviate this problem.
2. While the candlelit tables created a lovely ambiance, it made it very difficult to read the menu printed in a too-small font (and the prices were in even smaller font size!!) The prices are high...kept wondering if this tiny font was a strategy to make it harder to notice?!

Regardless of those two complaints, we plan to return to Ado on our next visit! The quality of the food will keep bringing us back...

• Visited January 2012

Culver City, California
“The best food ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

Wow, this restaurant did NOT disappoint! Everything we had was incredibly delicious and beautifully served. Truly an evening to remember. Daily, freshly homemade pastas to die for. I will come back again and again and again.

• Visited December 2011
Nashville, Tennessee
“Top 5 is all of LA if not 3.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2011

Ado is simply the best italian food I have had outside of Italy these days. The staff not only creates great Italian dishes, they are using great ingredients and the specials are always perfect. The seating is small and very intimate... Making it all the more Italian. the staff is as friendly as can be and we have been eating here on average once a week for 8 months. Dont be the last person to try it.
Start: Proscuttio and Burratta cheese app
Pasta: Red Beat pasta is always good (or special or anything really)
Main: Go Sea Bass if you want fish... we love it.

Followed by WHATEVER dessert they bring and some dessert wine. PERFECT!

• Visited December 2011
Los Angeles, California
“At home italian..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2011

I love the house this restaurant is in, it's quaint. The owner of Ado is fun and charismatic. The food is authentic, regional Italian cuisine. The raviolis are amazing, most dishes are terrific. Always ask about their specials, because they may have something amazing for that night. Make a RES!

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank Jeremiah C
Los Angeles, California
“The best Italian food in LA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2011

This place was fantastico! We live in Silverlake and were dropping someone off at the airport and I randomly found this restaurant (on yelp) and it was the best Italian food I have ever had in LA (even NYC). I called to make immediate reservations and the gentleman was warm and hospitable on the phone, we arrived and were escorted upstairs to dine...everyone was Italian and spoke Italian, I felt like I was back in Italy (and that is not an easy accomplishment!). The wine we had was fantastic and then the food...AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING....I have a slight gluten intolerance so I ordered the Filet Mignon with truffle butter (fantastic) and had the Tuna Tartar to start (incredible). My friend had this ravioli (all freshly made) with foie gras and it was SOOOOOO good. I only eat pasta in Italy because it is usually the only place that is worth testing my gluten intolerance on...but this place is also worth it, I am coming back for a plate of pasta! I HIGHLY recommend it, you can't beat warm Italians, serving authentic Italian food...I wish they would open one up in Silverlake

p.s. i got married in Italy and ate my way from Puglia to Milan and had the best meals of my life there. Only Ado and one other Italian restaurant in Chicago has ever come close.

• Visited November 2011