“My perspective changed forever”

Brent's Delicatessen & Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 9,937 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Diner, Delicatessen
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: South San Fernando Valley
Description: Founded in 1967, Brent's Deli (with locations in Northridge and Westlake Village) has been the ZAGAT-rated # 1 Delicatessen & Restaurant for 17 years. Brent's Deli features more than 650 items on its menu, as well as take-out, delivery anywhere in Southern California (literally) and catering for 20 or 2,000.
England
“My perspective changed forever”
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Being a big lover of pastrami, I was delighted to find out that the top rated place in LA was recommended for it. What they say is all true - the pastrami is truly out of this world. Having sampled the culinary delights of this wonderful little outlet, I can confidently say, my perception of what is good pastrami has been changed for ever. Back in the days, I used to buy pre-packaged pastrami sandwiches from grocers. This is all I've ever known and all I would have ever known of not for Brent's Deli.

On the negative side, I have found the parking to be a bit of an issue. Especially in the mornings when all I really want to do is sink my teeth into the moist, succulent layer of pastrami, I've found myself endlessly driving around the block in search of a place to park my car. I've eventually found a quiet street with plenty of parking nearby. So in case anyone else has the same problem take a look at the map here: http://us.findnetone.com/restaurants/california-a-c/brents-delicatessen-restaurant-19565-parthenia-street-northridge-ca-91324

If you zoom in, it is just on the corner of west 259 ave and frampton avenue. Only a 5 minute walk so well worth it.

• Visited August 2011

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Leonardtown, Maryland
“Great Pastrami! Soups a bit on the bland side.”
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Consider splitting your sandwich with someone as they are large! The pastrami on rye so wonderful. The meat tasty and bread fresh. Get the soup trio which allows you to try smaller portions of three of the soups. All were good but a bit on the bland side. The cabbage soup is sweet, just a heads up if you are not in to sweet outside the dessert arena. Very busy restaurant but did not have to wait long for seating. Service was friendly and fast.

• Visited February 2012
Fishers, Indiana
“Been going for 12 years, get the lox platter!”
Reviewed 5 February 2012

We would arrive early, because anytime after 8am and you're too late! Love the awesome staff and friendly owners. #1 in Los Angeles? I'm not surprised. They earn it with every delicious plate and warm smile.

• Visited June 2011
4 Thank bballmama2
los angeles
“Pastrami paradise”
Reviewed 1 February 2012

This is the best deli in the SFV. The mile hi sandwiches are off the hook and the breakfasts are unreal. Still battling my favorite in LA....Langer's near downtown LA.

3 Thank beemerguy
Mountain View, California
“Great deli!”
Reviewed 21 January 2012

I always look for a great deli in LA as we don't really have any great ones in Northern California. I loved this one so much that after having diner there 1 night, I stopped again another day on my drive home and got a pastrami sandwich and a corned beef to go. The Deli is only a few minutes from the 5 and well worth the detour on the way North.

• Visited January 2012