“NEIGHBORHOOD HUB WITH HEREDITY AND DOWN-TO-EARTH ORGANIC FOOD”
Review of Urth Caffe

Urth Caffe
Ranked #71 of 11,892 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 24 July 2017

Once we entered we were faced with the very tough decision of choosing between numerous breakfast choices, tantalizing soups, fresh salads, pizzas, drinks, and desserts. It was a hard choice but we went with Wild Mushroom Pizza, Signature Urth Pot Roast Sandwich, Duchess of Hazelnut Cake, Creme Brule: Pompeii cream puff, Apple Juice & Ice Mocha! We placed our order and twenty minutes later, a waiter came and brought us our food. I was surprised by how quick the food came out because of the business of the cafe. The size of the meals was perfect: not too big, but not too small. It left you satisfied but not in desperate need of an after meal snack. The food itself was exquisite and it looked as great as it tasted. The vegetables were fresh, the panini was perfect, and the blended drinks were perfectly chilled. Wild Mushroom Pizza is hearty and flavorful with sautéed wild mushrooms, braised balsamic onions, mozzarella, burrata and truffle pecorino cheeses and garnished with wild arugula. Delicious, organic and down to earth tasty pizza that is right now on the second place on my list of all time favorites. Our second dish was the signature URTH Pot Roast Sandwich with slow roasted all natural beef, and natural juices on a classic French baguette. Served with a locally grown mixed greens salad and homemade horseradish sauce. It's one of those sandwiches you eat with gusto in all its rustic and savory juiciness.

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Was taken to this place by a friend while visiting LA and looooved it. As a vegetariab I had plenty of delicious options. Everything we ordered looked good and tasted better. Every single plate we saw come out to other tables loomed amazing. Desserts are to die for. Staff was extremely friendly and eager to help.
The comolimentary fruit waters were awesome. The decoration and vibe is grear as well. Cannot wait to be back and try more plates. Highly recommened!

Reviewed 10 July 2017

We have friends who live across the street from this restaurant, so having it so close is wonderful. The food is excellent. One night we went for dessert. Our friends had the chocolate cake and we had the carrot cake. Both were perfect.

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

Urban style cafe with heaps of Attitude all good. Lots of smiles in this fast passed nonstop cafe. Even though it has a continual line it moves quickly. Food comes out quick and fast. I had chicken soup which had good strong bold flavours but needed seasoning, quite a bit actually. Same with the sandwich was fresh but needed more mayo and mustard was non existent. I know they would've added more if I'd asked. However maybe if they put it on the side that would solve the problem. Side salad was the size of a normal portion and I only ordered half portion, so nice large sized portions and you get to choose between 3 different sizes. Dessert is by trial and error we choose two which had no taste, my expectation of a dessert is sweet, sticky however when no sugar is used and chocolate replaced with I've no idea, you pretty much have nothing. However I would definitely go back, well worth a visit.

1  Thank marlainac2015
Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

Ate breakfast here. Had the eggs verde. Unfortunately it took quite some time to get the food and when it arrived the eggs were over cooked. Failed to live up to the hype in my opinion.