“One Day at Joshua Tree”

Southwest Adventures Day Tours
Ranked #105 of 253 Tours in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Owner description: Southwest Adventures offers adventure camping tours in and around the national parks of Southern and central California. The tours are a combination guided excursion mixed with a road trip with friends; everyone helps around camp and are encouraged to explore each unique location for themselves by choosing from the many hikes and activities available. The result is a great shared experience that is also uniquely personal for each participant. Equipment and food is provided, but we rely on our customers to bring a desire and willingness to share, create and explore with each other.
Reviewed 22 November 2015

What a fantastic day! Joshua Tree is such a special place and this was the perfect day tour to learn more about the park. The morning included a few touristy stops and then we had time to chose our own lunch in the town of Joshua Tree. The best part of the day were the 2 hikes and sunset views in the afternoon. Aaron is very knowledgeable and cares a lot about his guests! I would recommend for anyone wanting to get a taste of the area and park. I want to go back already :)

1  Thank mpensak9

Reviewed 25 July 2015

This was so incredibly worth it! I travel to LA for work a lot and happen to have had a Monday appt, so I went early and spent the weekend on the overnight Joshua trip tour. This is a great way to check out Joshua Tree if you are a lone traveller or if you simply don't know how to navigate yourself around. The van is comfortable and Aaron was a great host- we made a bunch of cool stops along the way there and back, in addition to the incredible hikes within the park. His camping food was also excellent! This was well worth the money and time.

2  Thank Carly H
Reviewed 10 June 2015

Aaron was an incredible guide, very kind and knowledgeable. The one day trip is incredible, lots of really interesting elements means the day is thoroughly interesting. The drive there and back is thoroughly comfortable. Joshua Tree really is a marvel, and is a must go-see if you are in LA. Get out, and explore!

I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this trip or tour company to a friend.

Thank you, Aaron!

1  Thank LUCY N
Reviewed 28 October 2014

I highly recommend Southwest Adventures. My group went on the Death Valley Adventure in April 2014 I've been camping many times and found Aaron to be a consummate professional. The stopover in Randsberg was very nice and we got to meet the Mayor. The weather was wild while we were in Death Valley and Aaron got up in the wee hours of the morning to secure our tents for rain so that we wouldn't have to get up/out. We wanted to see a lot of things and he packed a ton of activities in to the weekend including special requests to see the Racetrack and Salt Creek. The food was vegetarian but very hearty and delicious. The next time I visit Southern California I intend on booking with SWA next time I'm in Southern California and would highly recommend them to others.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I did a solo Jtree trip with Joshua that I booked last minute over the new year. it was AWESOME!! He was such a great and kind guide. I highly recommend it!!

1  Thank 817Ami