“Meh. Was ok.”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Grand
Transit: 7th Street Metro Station is a block and a half away with connection to the Red,Purple, Blue and Expo metro lines.
Reviewed 30 October 2015

I have been to several Peruvian restaurants and this one was ok. We before the downtown art walk one night. Could have been that the restaurant was slammed. Had drinks, appetizer, dinner and dessert. I think the appetizer was the only thing that stood out.

Reviewed 9 December 2014

My wife has allergies to a lot of spices, and soy, and eggplant, etc. so we avoid places where we can't easily identify everything, so while I have lived a couple of blocks away for a couple of years, we have not gone here, especially with all the other great choices nearby. But, I had a friend visiting and my wife wasn't joining us, so we came here. WOW, wish I tried this a lot sooner. Normally it's packed in the evenings, but we got in at 6pm and out by 7, just as it was starting to get crowded. Open, modern, casual place, hipster servers with pad devices to place your order or give you info about the food, everything served beautifully and fresh as soon as prepared (no waiting under the heat lamps). We had the arroz con mariscos, lomo saltado, the causa and chicharron appetizers, a quinoa side dish, and the beignets for dessert, all great and nicely spicy without being too hot. 6 items + coffee + 1 cocktail = $80, almost a bargain. I will definetly go again when my wife isn't out with me!

1  Thank Familyof5in5states
Reviewed 22 November 2014

Armed with a $50 gift certificate and the travel experience to Cusco, my husband and I were hoping to enjoy great Peruvian cuisine in LA. We arrived on a Friday night at around 5PM and found metered parking across the street at $6 an hour! Sandwiched between several other high-end restaurants, we entered to find that we were the only patrons. Once seated, we were immediately pleased with the happy hour menu which is M-F from 2:30-6PM and from 2:30-5PM on weekends.

Our server was an attractive and friendly Asian female armed with a smart phone that apparently was her order tool. She also seemed to use it as a reference when we asked her for specific details of the menu items that were listed in Spanish. Even though I speak Spanish, it was helpful to get the descriptions of the ingredients. We both settled on the Pisco Sour as the selection from the hand crafted-cocktails priced at $7 (let’s not discuss how many we ordered before 6PM, although they were small). In comparison to our experience in Cuzco, they were acceptable. We proceeded to order from the “Small Bites” including a Quinoa salad, 2 Causa de Cangrejos, a Ceviche, 2 Chicharron de Pollos, and an order of Sweet Potato fries. Our favorites were the crab and the chicken items although all were delicious and portions that allowed sharing them.

As we approached 6PM, we noticed that the restaurant was beginning to bustle with the Friday night crowd celebrating TGIF. There was a back area that I noticed when I visited the ladies’ room. Our total bill was approximately $90 with tip and my husband was happy to use our $50 certificate and proclaimed that I was a cheap date. The regular menu seemed interesting but missing Cuy, the traditional guinea pig dish or any other pork dishes. For fusion Peruvian cuisine, this is a highly recommendable option minus the parking situation.

Reviewed 11 November 2014 via mobile

Wine: limited list
Food: mediocre
Service: alright
Ambiance: relaxed

I was looking forward to the ceviche at Mo-Chico. Ordered the mixed and I was a bit disappointed. Was hoping for more flavour. The salted lomo didn't have a lot of meat and didn't have the Yum factor I was looking for.

Reviewed 26 September 2014

We arrived without a reservation mid- week and had no trouble getting a table. Service was friendly, menu interesting- choice of cerviches , grilled artichoke, alpaca etc. enjoyed our food, but do suggest they ease up on the salt especially in the chicken aji. Loved the summer parfait, coconut mousse is delicious!