The Dixie Hollywood
US$270
US$375
US$331
  • Restaurant
Hotel Beverly Terrace(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
US$228
  • Breakfast included
The Kinney(Marina del Rey)
US$291
US$373
US$327
  • Pool
Magic Castle Hotel(Los Angeles)
US$358
Shore Hotel(Santa Monica)
US$449
US$388
  • Beachfront
Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel(Santa Monica)
US$518
US$405
US$180
US$152
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshollywood blvdmetro stationuniversal studioschinese theatrelight sleeperhollywood signrental carsanta monicasupermarketparkingralphsmicrowaveuberproximityfreeway
Reviewed 28 February 2012

The Dixie was referred to me by another hotel in the area that could not accommodate my future in-laws and my entire “new family” for our wedding. I was a bit hesitant being this place USED to be a run down Days Inn. WOW!!! HAS THIS PLACE CHANGED (for the better)!
Matthew the manager was AMAZING!! Before my party arrived, he took me for a tour of the hotel, showed me numerous room styles and was more than helpful with everything from making sure the grandmothers were comfortable and I was at ease. The best part was the fact the hotel has been renovated and redone from top to bottom and looks like a clean smooth retro-chic boutique hotel you would find somewhere else. The fact it is riiiight across from a Ralph’s supermarket and the rooms come with a mini-fridge and microwave is an added convenience. See! You can have the comforts of home in a hotel. I highly recommend the Dixie and hope you have as wonderful experience as us.

Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank 4atravelscene
Reviewed 10 February 2012

My room was great and I will definitely return. I usually stay in oricey downtown LA hotels a LOT so I have much to compare to the Dixie. First, my room was exactly as depicted in the first photo. It was welcoming, very comfortable and spacious, and very clean and comfortable. Staff is very friendly and the manager Israel is very commited to customers. Beds comfortable; bathroom had nice touches, modern accouterments. Neighborhool is fine during the day and pool looks very inviting. I am a psychologist staying there on business and no problems gettin work done and parking free and good restaurants nearby. IGNORE the less than 5 star reviews! If I had found any difficulties the manager would have immediately addressed them.

Room Tip: Just ask at front desk. Very accomodating staff. Photos dont even do the room justice.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank wendysaxon
Reviewed 6 February 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights in mid January and were just needing somewhere relatively close to where we would be visiting. Although on Hollywood Boulevarde it is not ideally located - we had a hire car so this was not a huge problem. The neighbourhood doesn't feel very safe and we didn't do a lot of walking around the area in the night as a result.
The rooms are large, clean and have all the necessary facilities, including a fridge and coffee maker. Although the rooms feel a little dated, they still do the job.
The included continental breakfast was quite disappointing - plastic bowls and cutlery, dry break, orange fizzy drink in place of juice, and standing room only. It was fine for a bowl of cereal and to be on your way, but most definitely not a highlight or a reason to book this hotel.
The staff were friendly and overall it was a fine stay, but nothing spectacular.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mgnmng
Reviewed 30 January 2012

4 of us stayed in a double room, it was spacious enough and clean, but very noisey. The area wasnt great and eventhough its on Hollywood Boulevard dont be fooled. The area was quite dodgy and mainly thai/korean/chinese places. I would not walk around on the night. There are no restaurants or nice places to go to that are close by so driving is a must. However there is a diner next door that was quite busy in the morning and was very nice, we only went once due to it being too busy.
The free breakfast was quite good, enough to keep you going but gets busy, the pool seemed nice but we didnt go in and the staff will book taxis for you if you need to.
it is a 20 minute walk to the walk of fame, you go left out of your hotel and keep on walking, no signs to tell you this.

If your wanting to stay in a cheap and clean hotel that is not close to many things then this is the one as its friendly and clean but I would recommend staying closer to the attractions or not in the centre at all.

I would also recommend going on the movie stars homes and hollywood tour and also if your wanting to go out drinking around clubs go on the Hollywood club crawl tour which you can find on hostelworld.com its a bargain and the tour guides where amazing. very organised.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank 29Kayleigh
Reviewed 29 January 2012

I stayed at this motel after booking through hotwire. When I arrived, the room was definitely not three star as advertised. I would probably give it a one and one half star. I should have complained to management but said nothing because I arrived late and just wanted to go to sleep. The room I was given didnt even resemble the pictures of their rooms online. I left the next morning and thought I was through with this place. Boy was I wrong!
After I got my credit card statement, I noticed an extra $200 charge from this hotel. I called the hotel and spoke with the manager, Matthew. He informed me that I was billed for smoking in the room. I informed him that I dont smoke and never have in my 49 years of life. He was very insistant that someone smoked in my room because the housekeeper said there was an odor of smoke in the room. I told him that the room was definitely not one of the nicer rooms in his hotel and he agreed. I also told him to read reviews on other websites about smoke and other odors in their rooms. This manager said he would speak to housekeeping and and the local owners and get back to me about the charge.
The next day, the manager insisted that I must have smoked in the room even though the only "evidence" they had was a statement of an "odor of smoke". I told him I DONT SMOKE AND I NEVER HAVE SMOKED AND I DIDNT SMOKE IN YOUR ROOM. He said that all he could do was reduce the charge to $100. I told him that was not acceptable and I would contact my creit card and dispute the charge. I have done so.
If you get a room here BEWARE of them trying to charge you for smoking in the room even if you are a non-smoker like me.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family