Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 December 2016 via mobile

Really recommended!
Lovely condominium, plenty of threes and surrounded by hills.
The area offers gym, supermarket, laundry and other commodities.
The apartment was really clean and very cozy.
If we come back to LA, without any doubts we will repeat the same place.
The only constrain is the location, it's not the easier place to be found.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 December 2016 via mobile

After spending a lot of Christmas vacations here in California, we decided to try something different this year. Instead of staying in a hotel we decided to rent short-term apartment. Over the years we have stayed in several of the Oakwood apartments on a temporary basis, I never thought about it as a place to stay during your vacation. We book this apartment several months ago and arrived earlier this month. The apartment is perfect for our stay. A full turnkey apartment close to everything that we enjoy doing while we're here. We highly recommend this community. The apartments are clean and spacious, and one where in even has a fireplace. It's like being at home. I Will plan to stay here again during any future trips.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank royvanhorn
Reviewed 5 December 2016

Centrally located. Kitchens, grills, pools, tennis courts, volleyball courts, Clubhouse and Convenient store on property. Stayed at the Oakwoods for 4 months each year when my son was acting. Still stay there when I visit LA. Would not stay anywhere else!

Room tip: Buildings along Chauanga are noisy during rush hours.
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 14 November 2016

Spent 6 nights here just recently and I wanted to love it but I couldn't. We rented a two bedroomed apartment which was nicely furnished, had two bathrooms, a kitchen area with fridge, dishwasher, microwave and cooker. There was an iron and an ironing board and the room my husband and I slept in had a huge walk in wardrobe. But it was dark. We were on the ground floor and very little natural light reached the apartment. Given that the outside temperatures were in excess of 30C, we woke up every morning thinking it was overcast and cloudy due to the lack of light.

The apartment we stayed in did not seem to have been used for a very long time. Most of the pots, pans, glasses and crockery had welded themselves to the bottom of the cupboards and some required a bit of effort to unstick. The maids came once in the six days but I have no idea if that was normal service or not. There is parking on site. we didn't have any trouble finding a space but I imagine if the complex is anywhere near full then this might become difficult.There is a shop on site. We tried out the pool and the hot tub in the complex. Both very nice. We did not venture into the clubhouse areas as it reminded us of an old folks home complete with suitable "activities" (Thanksgiving bingo and brunch was being advertised while we were there) Also no bar. What's that about?

The location of these apartments is superb. Within easy reach of all the Hollywood attractions and they were a perfect base for our stay. But I still didn't really like them, a bit soulless maybe. I only encountered one member of staff who was one of the rudest people I have ever met- especially in a receptionist role. I had checked in advance if I could pay cash and was told yes, no problem. On arrival, I went to pay and was told that cash could not be accepted at "this time of night" It was 6.30pm. I explained that I had been told that cash was perfectly acceptable in an email that I had printed out. A roll of eyes from Super Receptionist who then grudgingly acknowledged that he would accept cash "just this once".

These apartments are nice but just lack something. I can't quite identify what though.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Angela A
Reviewed 14 November 2016

We visited L.A. at the beginining of October.We chose Oakwood Toluca apartments.It was beautiful stay.This is like mini settlement which is guarded 24 hours.You can feel there nearly like at home.Apartments kitchen is fully equipped,large fridge,very proper freezer.Many apartments is rented permanently for people who live there all the time.This property also has internet,cable tv,mini market,barbecue places,washing room,2 swiming pools(not crowded),jacuzzi.Staff is extremally polite and helpful.Apartments are located 5 minutes drive from Universal studio,20 minutes drive from Hollywod boulevard and15 minutes drive from Griffith observatory(worth to go after dark,excellent view of L.A. at night).One suggestion,when you drive back from downtown to apartments set your sat nav for avoiding highway.There is short distance on highway shortly before apartments and is very difficult cut along few lines from left to right on distance 1 mile,so better is use normal road which is exactly parallel to highway but much more safer.

Date of stay: November 2016