All reviews beverly hills west wing rodeo drive wilshire blvd full kitchen living room small kitchenette pool area the main hotel beautiful pool dining table beautiful hotel santa monica per night business center rooms are large valet parking
Reviewed 25 October 2015

The hotel is on Wilshire. I mean pretty much the hotel is on the road. Not set back sufficiently from the road. While the reception area is nice in a faux European way (although it has kind of a moldy smell) and the pool is nice, the place is at best an average motel. From the elevator to my room I had to go through some ugly and faded halls connecting two buildings. My room was really two rooms---a large and under furnished living room and a very small bedroom where the windows faced an air shaft. The bathroom was old and incredibly small. The vanity was so small there was no way to keep anything on it like a shaving kit or make up. The furnishings in the room looked like yard sale finds. The curtains and fabrics were largely gold with tassels----like 60s suburbia. I was surprised the furniture didn't have clear plastic around them. Not my kind of place. Very tired looking

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank nygwitz
Reviewed 21 October 2015

We live in the area and needed to be out of our house for a couple of days. The BHPH certainly worked for us and we would stay here again because there's ample of room with a small kitchen, dining table and separate living room - all things we needed with two kids. We didn't use the pool but it looked great nor the jacuzzi which is in a strange location away from the pool.

The room was dated, somewhat dirty and with a funky scent that smelled of mildew, smoke and perfume. Yes, like grandma.

I did enjoy that it's a smaller hotel, beds were comfortable and although on a busy street, it was pretty quiet.

Everyone was friendly, great location and decent price for the area.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Travelgalore21
bhplaza, Manager at Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2015

I'm glad we could be here for your staycation! We take room cleanliness very seriously, so I apologize if you felt your room wasn't clean. If that happens in the future, please be sure to call the front desk so we can make sure it is cleaned as soon as possible. Otherwise, I'm happy you enjoyed your stay, and I look forward to having you back again soon!

Best wishes,

Reviewed 7 October 2015

I will begin with the good, and finish with the worst.

The good: The front desk staff is very kind, friendly and courteous. The location is very convenient.

The bad: the rooms are very out dated and very difficult to get to. Several times, if not paying attention and going down the wrong stair case, can cost you a couple more flights of stairs to correct mistake.

The worst of all: not the theft by room service, BUT the reaction of the hotel management to theft of room service. My wife noticed her new eyeliner was missing on Wednesday. She is very ocd with her make up and spends around 45 min each day doing it. So i told her listen, lets not report it right now for two reasons. First, maybe you miss placed it (she was 100% she didn't miss place it) so lets not get room service in trouble for that if you did happen to miss place it. Second, if we do report it we run the risk of the room service or maids seeking revenge on us if they potentially may lose their job. So on check out 3 days later we mention in to front desk attendant i believe his name was randy who is awesome. He informs that he will notify management which he did. Sunday, i was awaken with a phone call from a fairly rude lady of management i believe her name was jane. Basically telling me she trust her room service staff and that I should have made the staff aware the day it went missing, completely disregarding my rationale for not doing so. As a business owner, I would have tried to defend my business, at the same time when it comes to petty theft, just make things right with the customer. Why jeopardize someone not coming back over $50 eye liner? It's not the $50, its the principle and the lack of respect to our complaint and property. She said she would call me back on monday, it is wednesday. I don't care for a call back. I feel that this review and the weight it holds will cost you more than $50 that you could have just gave my wife to make her happy for the stolen makeup.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Omar D
bhplaza, Manager at Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2015

Omar, it's truly disheartening to read about your experience. When items go missing, I can definitely understanding how frustrating the situation can be. That said, we would absolutely love to make things right for you, as we value your respect as a customer. I'd love to resolve this for both you and your wife, so if you'd like to discuss this further, feel free to give us another call, and we can get in touch.

All my best,

Reviewed 29 September 2015

The hotel projects a luxurious and elegant front. The reception area was adorned with over 30 bouquets of orchids. The pool area is nice and the pool is heated. However more attention should be given to keeping lounge chairs spotless and common areas perfectly clean. The place is quite a maze with a lot of stairs so not suitable if you have trouble climbing stairs with your luggage. All those outside patio hallways give the place character but some high pressure cleaning of the outside areas would make them prettier and more to the level of the rest of the hotel. Service was good. The room was actually a suite with a small kitchen and that was a pleasant surprise. Small bathroom but the room was impeccable. A good value.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank FlorenceK4
bhplaza, Manager at Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2015

We take cleanliness very seriously, so I apologize if you felt the lounge chairs and common area weren't taken care of as quickly as they should have been. Other than that, it's great to hear that your stay was pleasant! The old building can definitely lead to some interesting situations, especially with the stairs, but I hope you were able to appreciate the extra charm of our fifty year old hotel. I'm happy the staff was helpful too, and I hope to have you back again next time you're in town.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 25 September 2015

Room was poor compared with the representation on the website, so had to pay for upgrade to a suite. Original room was smaller than expected, tucked away up 3 flights of stairs at the back of the hotel (annexed).
The parking price was expensive at $28 per night.
On arrival we had a drink whilst waiting for the room to be sorted and were overcharged in the bar, chose a cheap and cheerful glass of red wine was $10 each in the menu (the cheapest), but the bill was $13 (the menu was out of date) plus gratuity , which was not optional, plus tax equalling $34 dollars for 2 glasses of wine.

Having paid to upgrade, and paid for parking, being fleeced $34 dollars for 2 glasses of very average wine, we then found that the hotel charged $10 per day for WiFi ?
Even budget hotels do not charge for this any more.

Kitchen units in suite were dated, and had been painted and general decor was dated. The fridge was so old it ran like a tractor engine, so had to be switched off at night.
The desk staff were pleasant and helpful, and the gentleman who showed us to our new room and helped us with our air conditioning unit was great, but I don't like to be ripped off / overcharged with additional extras. We then drove to Vegas and stayed Bellagio, got a suite overlooking the fountains, with free wifi and free parking, which was cheaper than this hotel.
Pool was nice with plenty of comfy seating and towels, housekeeping did a very good job too.

Room Tip: Stay away from the Spa pool, lift only to the first floor so specify if this is a problem
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
bhplaza, Manager at Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2015

Steve, I'm sorry about the menu issue -- it sounds like there was some confusion about the tax and tip, and I apologize for any miscommunication on our end. However, the rest of the charges are made clear at the time of reservation. We make sure that all these things are presented up front so there is no surprise upon checkout, so I apologize if you felt that we didn't communicate these charges clearly. Otherwise, I'm happy that you seemed to enjoy the rest of our amenities, and I hope you'll come back to see us next time you're in LA.

Take care,