“Great value for the price.”
Review of El Patio Inn

El Patio Inn
Ranked #265 of 358 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 12 November 2017

The property is keep clean and the rooms are also very clean. This is not a 5 star nor is the price for the area. This hotel is perfect if you want to see Universal Studios for a couple of days. It is a 10 dollar cab ride to the front gate. The two people that were at the desk on a couple of occasions (Nawaz and Sami) were very helpful and had knowledge of the area. Great place if you just need a place to crash after a day of Universal. Would and will recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed near the back away from the street and it was great.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank j s

Reviewed 18 October 2017

I should have listened to the negative reviews of this property because I would have avoided dealing with inattentive service, bath towels that were embedded with other people’s hair, and a General Manager who doesn’t care. Upon checking in, the staff member tells me that I could have paid less if I had called him, making me feel like I had done something wrong. At midnight, there were people making loud noise as if it were a party in the lot parking which is adjacent to every guest room. The same staff member doesn’t say anything to these loud revelers. The worst part was the filth in the bathroom and the encrusted food particles on the TV remote from all the previous hands on it. All of my bath towels had someone’s long, black curly hair embedded in the towels. The hairs were clearly visible about 10 inches long and in the thread loops of the towels. Each of my bath towels were like this, and the worst part is that I only discovered it after taking my shower. I had to dry myself off with my T shirt. I immediately complained and showed all the towels to the staff member, who didn’t even apologize. He just gave me a blank look. I asked to bring this up to a manager, and was told to call back on 3 different days, which I did. I was also told to leave my number because Bobby the GM would call me back but he never did. The last staff member accused me of calling “too late” and I had to explain that I had brought this up immediately in person and that the time passing was because of the manager. Making mistakes is one thing, but having filthy conditions, not apologizing and not following up is awful service. I did not get my money’s worth here.

Room Tip: I had to stand next to your room window to access the internet. The signal is weak and the staff une...
Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 August 2017

This property is an older no frills hotel near Universal Studios that was recently renovated and was very clean. The young man who checked me in was very helpful. The room is an old Hollywood bungalow style and was nostalgic with a refrigerator and microwave. The negative was they charged a 'deposit' of $150 for the night which I wasn't aware of until check in, so be prepared to have that added to your credit card. I would stay again for convenience and the price was below the area average per night by over $100 at larger hotels. Easy Uber or Lyft pick up about 3 minutes time.

Room Tip: Furthest to back of property away from the busy blvd.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank thaddt
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

This is a clean but basic motel. Staff is very helpful and friendly and the parking area is in the center of all the rooms with a 24 hr attendant, so it felt safe. However, the biggest reason to stay here is that it is a relatively affordable option close to Hollywood blvd, and universal Studios. There were five of us. It was a small room with two beds, and a futon couch (no room for any more than one person sleeping on it like a couch). The room works for a group willing to pile in together to save money. There was a small refrigerator, which was helpful.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2017

Pros:
1) Very clean room
2) Queen size beds - ok for the price you pay
3) Location - Close to Universal Studios (but not walking distance)
4) The front desk person at Night was EXTREMELY helpful

Cons:
1) Parking very congested.
2) Hardly any space in room after the Queen beds

We stayed here Friday and got Double Tree Hotel- Westside for the week-end, for around same rate !!

Ok for the price you pay. Would prefer to pay a bit more and choose a hotel for a more comfortable night sleep, specially if you have driven 5+ hrs to visit Universal Studios.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Bobby M, General Manager at El Patio Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to put us a review. We recently completely renovated the property and your feedback is greatly appreciated

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
Hollywood
Hollywood VIP Hotel
Hollywood VIP Hotel
#186 of 358 in Los Angeles

Been to El Patio Inn? Share your experiences!