See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 October 2017

I should have listened to the negative reviews of this property because I would have avoided dealing with inattentive service, bath towels that were embedded with other people’s hair, and a General Manager who doesn’t care. Upon checking in, the staff member tells me that I could have paid less if I had called him, making me feel like I had done something wrong. At midnight, there were people making loud noise as if it were a party in the lot parking which is adjacent to every guest room. The same staff member doesn’t say anything to these loud revelers. The worst part was the filth in the bathroom and the encrusted food particles on the TV remote from all the previous hands on it. All of my bath towels had someone’s long, black curly hair embedded in the towels. The hairs were clearly visible about 10 inches long and in the thread loops of the towels. Each of my bath towels were like this, and the worst part is that I only discovered it after taking my shower. I had to dry myself off with my T shirt. I immediately complained and showed all the towels to the staff member, who didn’t even apologize. He just gave me a blank look. I asked to bring this up to a manager, and was told to call back on 3 different days, which I did. I was also told to leave my number because Bobby the GM would call me back but he never did. The last staff member accused me of calling “too late” and I had to explain that I had brought this up immediately in person and that the time passing was because of the manager. Making mistakes is one thing, but having filthy conditions, not apologizing and not following up is awful service. I did not get my money’s worth here.

Room Tip: I had to stand next to your room window to access the internet. The signal is weak and the staff unequipped to remedy it.
Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 August 2017

This property is an older no frills hotel near Universal Studios that was recently renovated and was very clean. The young man who checked me in was very helpful. The room is an old Hollywood bungalow style and was nostalgic with a refrigerator and microwave. The negative was they charged a 'deposit' of $150 for the night which I wasn't aware of until check in, so be prepared to have that added to your credit card. I would stay again for convenience and the price was below the area average per night by over $100 at larger hotels. Easy Uber or Lyft pick up about 3 minutes time.

Room Tip: Furthest to back of property away from the busy blvd.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank thaddt
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

This is a clean but basic motel. Staff is very helpful and friendly and the parking area is in the center of all the rooms with a 24 hr attendant, so it felt safe. However, the biggest reason to stay here is that it is a relatively affordable option close to Hollywood blvd, and universal Studios. There were five of us. It was a small room with two beds, and a futon couch (no room for any more than one person sleeping on it like a couch). The room works for a group willing to pile in together to save money. There was a small refrigerator, which was helpful.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2017

Pros:
1) Very clean room
2) Queen size beds - ok for the price you pay
3) Location - Close to Universal Studios (but not walking distance)
4) The front desk person at Night was EXTREMELY helpful

Cons:
1) Parking very congested.
2) Hardly any space in room after the Queen beds

We stayed here Friday and got Double Tree Hotel- Westside for the week-end, for around same rate !!

Ok for the price you pay. Would prefer to pay a bit more and choose a hotel for a more comfortable night sleep, specially if you have driven 5+ hrs to visit Universal Studios.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Bobby M, General Manager at El Patio Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to put us a review. We recently completely renovated the property and your feedback is greatly appreciated

Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

Someone from the hotel called and asked what time we were going to check in. I told them after 10 pm and he then asked for a deposit to hold my room for a late check-in. When we arrived at 1005 pm they had given our room away and offered not one explanation or concession

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

I am truly sorry.. We recently renovated the property and we have had a lot of difficulty finding good front desk personnel. If you provided the required additional CC info for late arrival, the front desk should have kept your room. If it is any constellation, we did fire most of our front desk staff and now we have a new front desk manager and staff. Again, I sincerely apologize for the mix up with your reservation.