“SFV Food Crawl”

Six Taste
Ranked #2 of 50 Food & Drink in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Founded in 2009, Six Taste is the largest and highest-rated food tour company in Los Angeles. Homegrown and family-owned, Six Taste supports local businesses and enriches the L.A. community through food and education. Six Taste tour guides lead historical and cultural walking food tours through different neighborhoods of Los Angeles, particularly Downtown LA, Hollywood, Santa Monica, Arts District, Sawtelle Japantown, Little Tokyo, Koreatown, San Gabriel Valley Chinatown, and Thai Town, that feature generous samples of diverse dishes from 4-7 restaurants. CEO Sally Tiongco is a proud LA native and former devoted LA public school educator who resides in Downtown LA and the San Fernando Valley with her husband and two children. “LA is our home, and the Six Taste team inspires others to feel the same way, several bites at a time.”
Reviewed 11 October 2018

I had a wonderful night out at the Westfield Topanga mall. Six taste hosted a tour across 5 restaurants. I live not far from the mall and had never visited the eateries they took us to.It was a fabulous tasting tour where we also got an education about not only the eateries but about food. There was wine, beer and so much food that by the last stop i couldn't breathe let alone drive. Good thing i UBERed. I highly recommend doing a tour with the group.It was fabulous , fun, filling and full of fun facts. Oh and there were coupons and a goodie bag!

Sally T, Owner at Six Taste, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you for your kind review! It was such a pleasure meeting you on our inaugural Westfield Topanga food crawl. As a family business, I truly appreciate you spreading the word about your experience. It was a wonderful opportunity to give back to our community, with all proceeds going to the West Valley Food Bank. I hope to see you again on one of our Six Taste neighborhood food tours- now you will be a pro at this and come even hungrier!

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"la tour"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

My sisters and I did this tour on Sunday, October 7th to celebrate one of their birthdays. After meeting up with our tour guide Arthur, he gave us an introduction and a bit of history of the area. We then began our adventure...we countinued to learn about the Thai community and of how this very family oriented group of people enjoy sharing their foods. We traveled through a market and tasted some sweet homemade treats from a vendor. We ate at 3 different restaurants, tasting food from fusion, noodle and traditional type of foods. Everything was very tasty but my favorites were the fish dish at the Thai Patio, the noodles at The Original Sanamluang Cafe and the curry and pork at Ruen Pair. Then off to experience a few desserts at the place across the parking lot. Arthur did a wonderful job explaining each dish we tried as well as telling us about a few respectful traditions. We have taken other tours by Six Taste and will definitely be doing it again!

Sally T, Owner at Six Taste, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Hi Krystin,
Thank you for your continued support of Six Taste! Arthur is an LA native with close connections to the Thai Town community and absolutely loves teaching guests about Thai cuisine and culture. I'm happy to hear you had a wonderful time! So who's birthday is next? We look forward to celebrating again with you and your family. =)

Reviewed 8 October 2018

Just went on my THIRD Six Taste tour and plan to book another in the future!! Not only are there great food stops, but they include a nice neighborhood tour with fun history and facts (even for LA natives like me!) Tour guide, Sally does an amazing job engaging the group - she is inviting, warm, and genuine.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Sally T, Owner at Six Taste, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Hi Liza,
Thank you for spreading the word about your Six Taste experiences! As a family business of LA natives, we cater to over 85% fellow Angelenos, which makes it extra special when we receive such high recommendations from locals like you. We curated the original Downtown LA food tour and many others, inspired to offer a unique and delicious way for guests to explore our hometown. Your kind support means a lot to us, and we can't wait to see you on your 4th tour with Six Taste!

Reviewed 25 September 2018

Great food! Excellent tour guide! Great bonding time with friends! We hope to try another food tour next time.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Sally T, Owner at Six Taste, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Thank you for spreading the word about your Six Taste experience! I'm happy to hear you had a fabulous time with your tour guide and eating your way through LA with us. As a family business of LA natives, we truly appreciate you choosing Six Taste as a unique experience to bond with your friends and explore our great city. We look forward to feeding you again!

See more reviews
Reviewed 20 September 2018

I'm what you would call a food connoisseur aka a foodie. My life goal is to try as many different foods as possible within my waking hours. I booked this as a team building event for our group. I'm normally very well versed in picking awesome restaurants though honestly after planning this long weekend group trip, I was burnt out and plus LA is not my hood. I Googled & Yelped food tours in LA and found Six Taste Food Tours, 5 stars from over 600+ people. Can't go wrong with that and it turned out, I was right.

Sally was absolutely amazing! We did the Santa Monica food tour as we were staying in Venice. The food was absolutely amazing and I'm glad I did not edit the itinerary at all as it was absolutely perfect. There were picky eaters in our group & we definitely didn't make it easy for Sally but she rolled with it anyways & everyone in my group enjoyed it. She even accommodated my gluten allergy.

I highly recommend you bring a take out container so you can take some food home (no food waste!) cause by the time we hit our 4th venue I think we went into food coma mode though luckily there is a good balance of walking so we could walk off some of the food. It was a great balance of seeing the sights, history, and food. Thank you so much Sally for taking us under your wing. My team absolutely loved the food tour & you! I will definitely now book food tours wherever I go and you have definitely set the standard for us.

Hi Lily,
Thank you for your glowing review! It was so fun putting the pressure on all your picky eaters and having them try all the food. =) As a family business, we have curated many of the original food tours in LA and have been extremely fortunate to build a loyal following of foodie fans like you. Your high recommendations mean a lot to us, especially since you're a huge food connoisseur from New York with high expectations in food quality and experiences. I'm the same way (but LA version), so when I met you, I knew we would connect like family...if I'm ever in the East Coast, you'll be my expert! Thank you again for your support and spreading the word. Best wishes to you and your team and hope to cross paths again in the future!