“More than just a food tour...”
Review of Six Taste

Six Taste
Ranked #4 of 45 Food & Drink in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Founded in 2009, Six Taste is the largest and highest-rated food tour company in Los Angeles. Homegrown and family-owned, Six Taste supports local businesses and enriches the L.A. community through food and education. Six Taste tour guides lead historical and cultural walking food tours through different neighborhoods of Los Angeles, particularly Downtown LA, Hollywood, Santa Monica, Arts District, Sawtelle Japantown, Little Tokyo, and Thai Town, that feature generous samples of diverse dishes from 4-7 restaurants. CEO Sally Tiongco is a proud LA native, UCLA alumna, and a former devoted LA public school educator who resides in Downtown LA and the San Fernando Valley with her husband and two children. “LA is our home, and the Six Taste team inspires others to feel the same way, several bites at a time.”
Reviewed 7 September 2017

A Six Taste tour was taken several years ago but this one -- under new management -- remained fresh and interesting given the energy and enthusiasm that "Sally from the Valley" injected as the guide & host. Food was great! Appreciated all of the historical factoids and sights pointed out on the tour. A bit of walking was required. Come with an empty stomach and about 4 hours to spend. Would definitely recommend!

1  Thank Ron P
Sally T, Owner at Six Taste, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Dear Ron,
Thank you so much for your kind review! We cater to many people who travel for food like your group, so we constantly connect with our local communities to offer a food tour experience that can still engage our guests, even those who come back for the same tour! We are a family business comprised of only LA natives, so we truly appreciate your patronage! For any return guests and private tour clients, we are always happy to curate a different itinerary and culinary experience as well. So, yes, we are definitely more than just a food tour. It was great fun hosting our Six Taste tour for you and the group (even in 100 degree weather) and hope to see you again!

Reviewed 28 August 2017

My team had a wonderful time trying new food, exploring new cultures and learning more about Los Angeles. Thanks Sally (from the Valley) for being such a wonderful tour guide!

Sally T, Owner at Six Taste, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Thank you for sharing your kind thoughts about your Six Taste tour experience! Catering to over 85% locals, our family business has been very fortunate connecting with fellow foodies who come back and support our beautifully diverse communities- particularly Downtown LA, Arts District, Hollywood, Santa Monica, Little Tokyo, Koreatown, Thai Town, Sawtelle Japantown, Hollywood, and San Gabriel Valley. We look forward to seeing and feeding your team again!

Reviewed 25 August 2017

I frequently work, dine, and stay in Downtown Los Angeles so my friends and I were thrilled with the exceptional food and architectural tour that Sally designed for us. She was fun and knowledgeable and we learned many new things about this great city. I look forward to exploring another locale with Six Taste!

Sally T, Owner at Six Taste, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Dear Susan,
Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely review! It was my absolute pleasure to customize a private tour for your group of well-traveled LA foodie friends. I had such a fabulous time curating a special itinerary that still exposed you to new tastes and hidden gems given your worldly experiences. Thank you for thinking of us and hope to keep in touch...would love to hear more about all your creative birthday celebrations! I feel honored that Six Taste was part of that cool list. =)

Reviewed 24 August 2017

Thought I love food tours and have taken them throughout the US, this was a last-minute recommendation from my concierge. I didn't think that I could see much in downtown LA. I was wrong. Great variety of food, wonderful buildings and neighborhoods, a great mix, and AWESOME tour guide. HIGHLY recommend! Exceeded my expectations!

Sally T, Owner at Six Taste, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2017

Dear Bryon,
Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful review! We're so happy to hear your Six Taste food tour experience exceeded your expectations. We've also done food tours all over the U.S. and strive to curate original neighborhood food tours in our own city that truly stand out. As a family business and team of LA natives, we have a deep passion for LA's culture and food scene and love sharing our diverse city with others. We are glad you were able to join in the foodie fun with us and hope to see you again!

Reviewed 23 August 2017

My dad loves Thai food so my sister and I brought him to the Thai town tour. We went to 5 different places and tried a good variety of dishes. Although I'm more of a fan of the typical Thai dishes you see at restaurants, the more authentic food was nice to try too. The tour was great and the guide was very friendly, but he did give a bit of information over load on everything Thai. Would definitely go back though!

Sally T, Owner at Six Taste, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2017

What a nice treat for your dad! Thank you for thinking of Six Taste and sharing your thoughts about your experience. Our Six Taste tours are meant to expose guests to authentic, seasonal, or signature items that go beyond what guests would typically order at restaurants. Your tour guide Arthur is extremely passionate and connected with the Thai community, and loves introducing his guests to wonderful new Thai tastes and sharing his knowledge about Thai culture. We appreciate your recommendations and hope to see you again!