“Meatlovers delight”
Review of La Boucherie

La Boucherie
Reserve with OpenTable
La Boucherie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #683 of 10,877 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 13 July 2017

If you enjoy Kobe, or Australian steaks, then eat here, The service you receive here will last a life time. After you eat here, other 5-star establishments will be judged by this. Beware that this is a high end restaurant, expect to pay for what you are getting. I recommend Australian steak, with a glass of wine, loved it. .

Reviewed 9 July 2017

Well I had been watching the Wilshire Grand tower going up for nearly two years now so being a local downtown resident I was more than excited to explore the tallest building west of the Mississippi when I heard that La Boucherie had just opened. You know a place is new when you have to personally add it to Trip Advisor.

As you can imagine being on the 71st floor of this brand new modern tower is breathtaking. There is actually an amazing outside deck bar on the 73rd floor and if you are going for dinner to the restaurant you'll probably see long lines winding around the lobby with people waiting for this rooftop bar ( will review that later) but to to worry. Just give you reservation name to one of the elevator attendants and they will call an elevator for the restaurant level (71) just for you.

After arriving on the 71st floor you are in a open vaulted space with a mixture of city views and winding rope lights coming down from the open area that leads to the floors above and the hotel reception on the floor below. For being a :restaurant: level my first impression was that the lighting was too bright and was almost at what you would call "convention" level lighting which also makes for bright contrasting reflections on the windows drowning out the spectacular views behind the reflections. To the left is a small pathway and a podium that is La Boucherie. You are greeted there and escorted inside which is just on the other side of the wall / bar that separates the restaurant from the open area off the elevator.

Ambiance and service

The restaurant is thankfully dimly lit and actually rather small but with it circled by vaulted walls of glass revealing stunning jetliner views you don't feel it small at all. We were seated by the window, which I highly recommend requesting, at a small table close to the bar which ended up being a delightful advantage since the lead bartender was also our server. This wouldn't at first seem like an advantage but Joseph was fantastic. he and the staff were meticulously attentive and from time to time Joseph would bring samples of his on the fly mixology experiments as well as rare whiskies which he picked up I liked form my drink selections. So from start to finish, phenomenal service.

We ended up ordering the steak tartar and frog legs for appetizers and both were amazing. In all my dining all over the world I had never had frog legs so I figured why not now. The overused analogy actually applies here because they really do taste like chicken but the seasoning and tangy sauce did make it a special dish. The tartar was fantastic and was so tender it actually reminded me of eating a quality tuna tartar. For mains we had the venison and the Australian Kobe cut. Both were cooked to perfections and the meat quality was truly top notch. After our meal I asked about the rooftop bar and Joseph actually escorted us up the elevator and into the rooftop bar which was a bonus to the already perfect evening.

All and all La Boucherie was a perfect experience. Great service, fantastic food and one stellar view. If you are local or visiting I would highly recommend it. being that it just opened reservations are tough to get so definitely plan ahead and you'll find it easier to book on opentable than calling direct.
Enjoy!