3,796 results
All reviews daily grill restaurant heavenly bed century blvd taco bell starbucks coffee manhattan beach an early flight self parking free shuttle shuttle service rental car the club lounge per day santa monica lobby runway conference
Reviewed 11 December 2015

Stayed here for one night, the night before thanksgiving.
- I missed the bus to the hotel by seconds, and thus was standing outside the terminal at LAX for 30 minutes for the next shuttle. This wasn't a great start. Check in lines were short but I was at the desk for a while whilst the clerk tried to upgrade my room (SPG Platinum Status) and seemed to have to keep going out the back to check on things. He gave me the keys after a few minutes and I went up to the room - he said he upgraded me to a club room - which wasn't bad but I can't believe there was much difference between this room and a normal room. As it was a "holiday" the club lounge was only offering coffee and fruit and not the usual service, and I was given a voucher for the complementary breakfast the next morning to be served in a room off the lobby area.
- Breakfast was pretty disasterous. The tables were dirty, the food was almost non-existent and the place was a complete mess, Once approached, the staff were helpful and went to get what was asked for, but didn't seem to have the initiative to replenish anything or clean up. I am not sure if they were normally kitchen hands, who were not normally out front serving but still I expect better from a Westin. Overall the stay was OK, but I have never seen such a mess at breakfast. I assume in the club lounge it would have been better if it was open.
- Shuttle back to the terminal was fine. Rooms could do with some refurbishment. If you get hungry there is a Taco Bell across the road.

Room Tip: Ask for view of the runway if you want to see the planes landing!
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
WestinLAXGM, General Manager at The Westin Los Angeles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2015

It is the details that count. We added a breakfast package for the slower holiday weeks. You are absolutely right we should have paid more attention to the servicing of the breakfast room, especially since we ended up busy. I guess the package worked! Thank you for the candid and constructive review!!! We will be amazing on your next stay. Please give me a head's up when/if you have plans to return. Happy Holidays! Stay Well! Phil GM

Reviewed 11 December 2015

Once again the Westin Stay & Park plan allowed us to have a nice, restful night’s sleep prior to leaving for an early morning flight. The room was nice and the restaurant at the hotel is excellent. The only problem encountered, as I always seem to have issues with this, is leaving the parking lot after our trip. This time, the gate machine ate my parking ticket and I had to push the call button to get out.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms fronting Century Blvd to minimize noise.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple

Anything we can do to alleviate some stress from incredibly stressful travel we love to do. I am so glad that the Stay & Park plan is working for you. Let me know next time you have plans to come and I'll see if we can figure out how to make the gate like you again. BTW great to finally know who John Galt is! Happy Holidays!!! Stay Well! Phil GM

Reviewed 10 December 2015

My wife and I had to meet a friend at LAX at 600 am. We elected to stay the night at the Westin. Check in was easy - we were given a free room upgrade to a Deluxe Double. No kings sized beds were available. We were also given two breakfast passes. The room was nice and beds comfy. No free wifi was a bummer. We were very happy with the stay, but....

30 Dollars a night to park plus 3 Dollars tax. Ouch.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 December 2015

I travel a lot and park my car at the Westin quite often. Its very convenient to drive in, drop the car off...stay the night and shuttle to the airport. I gave this hotel a 5 star for a couple reasons. The lady at check-in made it a point to ask me if I was an SPG member which I am. Since I booked via priceline, I didn't think that was relevant. She went out of her way to lookup my number and that gave me extra perks including free wifi. I really appreciated the extra effort and perks. My second reason is the valet staff. When returning, somehow I lost my valet ticket. They went out of their way and quickly retrieved my car. Also greatly appreciated after a long flight.
I liked the fitness center there and the hotel is a beautiful property. Room service was pretty good, shuttle service is always good and the wifi performed pretty well. The beds were very comfortable and was nice and spacious with a bonus outdoor patio.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 December 2015

I knew I was getting close to platinum status, but thought it would not be until my next stay. When I got to my room--on the 12th floor--I heard noises in the room. Opened the door, and was totally surprised to find a celebratory treat being set up for me complete with balloons, wine, cheese, fruit and snacks!! How cool--this one night was my qualifying night!
Everyone was very nice--more congratulations when I checked out in the morning. I'm very impressed with the personal attention at a property as big and busy as this one is.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business