“We wanted to try some Peruvian cuisine”

Los Balcones del Peru
Reserve with OpenTable
Los Balcones del Peru is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,295 of 10,308 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Hollywood
Cross street: De Longpre Ave.
Reviewed 26 May 2017

We stopped here on a Sunday afternoon to check out their Peruvian menu. Its a nice restaurant mostly open to Vine Street. At that time of day, the sun was shining into the restaurant and there was a nice breeze blowing. It made for a memorable meal.
We started with drinks. We had some cocktail made with Pisco.
We started with a Ceviche, a dish of raw fish in lemon juice and spices with a sweet potato relish. It was quite good.
My wife had Pescado Chorrillano, A broiled fish in a puree of peppers and spices. She loved it.
I had LomoSaltado, a beef and peppers dish.
It had a nice atmosphere there were families eating there as well as young dating couples.
Everything was very good. A little pricey.

Reviewed 18 May 2017

Nice little local spot for some Peruvian food. I enjoyed it and thought it was cozy and had a fair menu send service. We had the pulpo al olivo which was a pleasing appetizer. The bistec a lo pobre was decent and enjoyable. The pescado a la chorrillana (halibut) was my favorite item on our table.

There was a hiccup in the service when they didn't explain some of the sauces correctly, but were VERY accommodating to make it up to us.

It's a pleasant, local dinner spot. I don't know that I'd recommend it for a date or someplace you're looking to impress.

Reviewed 11 March 2017

The place was lovely with a romantic atmosphere. The food was excellent and the anticuchos were delicious, I felt like being in Lima. We also ate arroz con mariscos, that was perfectly prepare. Highly recomended!

Reviewed 6 February 2017 via mobile

The staff were nice enough and the space was inviting. However, the food was kind of greasy and lacked any real flavor, which was disappointing because the menu looked interesting. I had the nachos and the barbacoa portobello tacos. Nothing was awful, but nothing stood out. I didn't drink, but the cocktails looked good.

Reviewed 7 December 2016

I arrived at the restaurant with 3/4 empty tables. In my car, went on Open Table to see they had plenty of open reservations. Went into the restaurant only to be told I couldn't be seated because they had people coming in shortly with reservations (for ALL those empty tables)...then went on Open Table right in front of her and made a reservation. She then seated me. Odd. Our food took 45 minutes to come out and then when it did, it came out ice cold. The server told us to remake it would take a while and we had a movie to go to so we declined. All around, terrible experience. I sent a private message to the restaurant asking for a call back from the manager. I am still waiting for that call. At this point, I don't think I will ever return! Normally I would give a second chance, but since no one ever contacted me, I don't think I will.