“Very good Cinnamon Rolls”

Polly's Bakery Cafe
Ranked #1 of 3 Bakeries in Los Alamitos
Cuisines: American, Diner
Reviewed 15 February 2015

Good breakfast fare with one exception. You can get a cinnamon roll instead of toast with your eggs and bacon order. The cinnamon roll Is quite large and very good. My wife and grandkids love it as well. Good restaurant for families. Known for their pies, but I think their lunch and dinner entrees are just all right.

Reviewed 18 December 2014

Perhaps our server was on break or just in one of those blind zones, but no one took our order for about 15 minutes.

When the food did show, nothing disappointed. You cannot skip the cinnamon roll.

Would of given 5/5, but the slow service was apparent while watching other tables and given the place was about 40% full.

Reviewed 13 December 2014

The staff was very friendly and provided good suggestions. The food was close to
home type cooking. My wife ordered the Turkey sliders which were very good. I ordered the Chicken salad, and it was very good. The waitress was friendly, and attentive. For a beverage suggestion, try the Strawberry lemonade. The outstanding item on the menu is the pie selection. The pies were very, very good.

Reviewed 16 November 2014

Polly's is all about the PIES, the rest is regular diner food. Good location plenty of parking. good service and leave room for a slice of PIE. recommended if you like "diner food" MeuterMedia

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I ordered the chicken salad with noodles and vegetables. It is the first listing under "salads", so when I ordered the Asian Chicken salad, the waiter didn't know what I was talking about. I opened the menu and read the title of the dish to him, and then he knew which item I wanted. The salad was really good, and it did have vegetables and noodles as well.

My only objection about eating at this place is the flies. They were landing on my table, and I had to shoo them away several times. I've been there sporadically over the years, and encountered flies numerous times when there. I wish they could figure out how to get rid of them!!