“Great for Families”

Residence Inn Cypress Los Alamitos
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Los Alamitos
Reviewed 27 July 2017

Enjoyed our 4 night visit here. Friendly staff from reception to housekeeping. Our clean, spacious & modern room included a kitchen area. Firm bed w/good bedding. Good bathroom design w/vanity & sink separated from the shower/toilet. Only 3 floors so we never had to wait endlessly for an elevator - we could opt for stairs and a bit of exercise instead. A minor negative was an intermittent noise coming from the air conditioner which unfortunately seemed amplified at night. Free internet but slow service or connectivity issues. Complimentary breakfast buffet included a coffee station & make-your-own waffles plus healthy choices: juices, fresh fruit, yogurt & oatmeal. Hot choices varied daily but included scrambled eggs and various sausages/bacon. Multi sports court [basketball, volleyball etc.] and outdoor pool. Plenty of free parking surrounds the hotel. Reasonable rates + very convenient base for visiting the area. Would stay here again!

Room Tip: Enjoyed our corner suite.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Cypress Los Alamitos

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

This used to be a great place to stay. Because we
have family in the area, this has always been our go
to place to stay. When we arrived, we noticed that the place looked in need of an update. The outside
of the building looked dull as if it needed a paint
job. The rooms were fine but the buffet breakfast was more limited in food selections. The morning
we are there, there was no bacon, no pancakes,
No pastries-all choices that were usually found in
abundance. There was limited fruit and scant yogurt.
The staff remains very pleasant.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Lisa L, General Manager at Residence Inn Cypress Los Alamitos, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2017

Thank you for your review. I was disappointed to hear of your dissatisfaction with the breakfast offerings. Marriott upgraded the Residence Inn breakfast in 2016. It now includes the following: scrambled eggs, make-your-own waffles, rotating meat offerings including bacon on Thursdays, Greek yogurt, rotational fresh fruit, rotational pastries including chocolate croissants, cinnamon rolls and coffee cake, breads, cereals and oatmeal. The exterior of the buildings were painted in January 2016 and the parking lot was resurfaced in September 2016. The interior of the hotel was renovated completely in 2016 as well. Thank you for your comments regarding the staff. They work very hard to provide outstanding service to every guest every day. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

We arrived at midnight after a very long flight , the front desk man was unfriendly, he gave us a room in the ground floor next to the elevator engine room , we refused to take it he said we have one room left take it or leave it, he did nit bother his self to solve this matter, we was so tired so we accept to sleep that night .. but we did not sleep that night because the room was so noisy and we were listening for a water leakage from upper room when they use their bathroom we thought it just a water sound but suddenly my husband got wet when he was on the bathroom from upper bathroom leaking , he got wet with other people waste .. so disappointed with the hotel and the management, we checked out in early morning and went to better hotel .. we are so mad and disappointed with this hotel .... absolutely not marriott standards

Stayed: June 2017
Lisa L, General Manager at Residence Inn Cypress Los Alamitos, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your dissatisfaction with your suite. Unfortunately, during the summer months, we have very high occupancy and there were no other suites available at that time. We would have been happy to move you to a different room the next day. I assure you that, while there was a water leak, it was not a leak from the toilet, but rather from a broken tub spout. I apologize that you had to experience this maintenance issue. Please know that this is not a common issue and that we are so very sorry that you felt you had to move to a new hotel.

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

What can you say? Residence Inn is consistent with spaciousness, amenities, cleanliness, comfort. This one didn't disappoint. Breakfast is included in the morning and has your usually eggs, sausage, and another turkey or veggie sausage option. Love he tortillas and toppings if you wanted a breakfast burrito. Yogurts, bagels, English muffin, oatmeal , cereal, juice and coffee.
The bed was comfortable, the shower clean, lighting was spot on. I'm thinking about staying here from now on. As my company is leas than a mile away.
Staff was courteous and I enjoyed my stay. Thank you!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for your kind comments. We would be delighted to host you whenever you are in the Cypress Los Alamitos area!

Reviewed 6 May 2017

Front Desk Team: Very Friendly.
Lex is funny . Her jokes make everyone laugh.  It was delightful.

Breakfast Team: Super Amazing.
The breakfast is really delicious. Karen is amazing and delivers 5 star service.  Barar is upbeat.  You can literally hear her laughing as soon as you walk into the lobby.  It makes the whole hotel feel cheerful.  Erolyn is so thoughtful.  He made waffles for my family and also brought bottles of water to my kids when we were swimming at the pool.  Freddy is also a cool lady.  She makes the best sweet bread in the morning and is very positive even early in the morning.

Dinner Team: Very Healthy.
I heard about the Residence Inn "mom" Raquel from the Internet.  She works hard and takes care to make the food healthy.  I saw her preparing the salad once and she took care to wash every leaf and made sure the salad was fresh.  She really does feel like a mom that cares for the guests as if they are her family.  She told me that her grandpa is 95 years old and healthy because he always ate healthy food.  Angela is also sweet.  She gave my friend from the military a big cup of red wine after dinner so he could take it back to his room and relax.  Also, the Sangria and secret salad Josepah prepared is surprisingly good.

Room Team: Could be Better.
Melvin is a young guy who works hard with enthusiasm. He loves the hotel so much. I saw him clean the carpet outside the door, and takes out the trash when no one wants to do it. I wish I could do my job like him. Stephanie also works hard and seems to have a passion for her job.  She always treated me like family.  We talked a lot and she made my room very clean.  However; Some of the other housekeepers forgot to stock the room fully though.  One time I went out to find toilet paper and asked Isabel for one.  She looked at me suspiciously and said I needed to ask the housekeepers on my own floor.  I just went to the front desk and asked Lex.  She made a joke and made me feel better.

Room Internet: 80% good.
80% of the time the Internet was good. 20% of the time it didn't really work.  I had the enhanced speed plan, but it didn't seem to make a difference.  I had to call the Internet company 2 times to get the problem solved.  I would hesitate to work from the hotel room if you have anything that needs consistently good Internet.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
3.9 km away
Ayres Hotel Seal Beach
Ayres Hotel Seal Beach
#2 of 3 in Seal Beach

Been to Residence Inn Cypress Los Alamitos? Share your experiences!