“Residence Inn Cypress - Home Away from Home”

Residence Inn Cypress Los Alamitos
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Los Alamitos
Reviewed 8 September 2014

From the moment you enter the lobby area, you will feel right at home. The staff is very accommodating, and your check in will be fast and efficient, so that you can quickly settle into your room. I interacted mainly with Char upon arrival and departure. I observed that she goes out of her way to make sure that the customers are well treated.

The room I stayed in was immaculate, and I found the furnishings to be nice and comfy. When you stay at this Residence Inn, you won't have to worry about having all of the necessary supplies available for you to use. For example, if you need a towel or some dishwsher soap you won't need to search or call room service.

I needed a quiet place to rest, and I couldn't believe how nice and peaceful my room was. The complimentary breakfast is buffet style, so you can either select a very basic breakfast of toast, juice and coffee, or indulge a little by having waffles, eggs, bacon, potatoes, cereal, yogurt, etc. Moreover, a wide selection of beverages is also available.

I have stayed at this location many times since 2006, however, on this particular stay, I really need some rest and relaxation and knew that I would find it during my time there. What a Godsend!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Heidi072

Reviewed 2 September 2014

We stay at this property frequently when we visit our daughter and her family in Long Beach. We just returned from 2 nights there and everything was just fine. Only once in the probably 6 years we have been going there, have we had to change rooms due to a bad mattress. The best thing about it for me, is the spaciousness and the quiet. My husband likes the breakfast quite a bit. I usually get the oatmeal or fix a bagel. Now that we are "seniors" the rate is pretty darn good. I wouldn't keep going back if I'd had a bad experience. I use the workout room when I'm being energetic,and it's usually vacant. Small though. Nice kitchenette, but we don't use it except for coffee.

Room Tip: I like the top floor- 4th.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Betsy H
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Stayed in a two bedroom suite which was perfect for us clean and comfortable.
I travel frequently and have never encountered a team of staff like they have here-so polite, kind friendly any issues resolved immeaditely. We're made to feel most welcome and at home. It was really nice to see the manager a lovely lady mingling with guests at the BBQ night at which she was doing the cooking-most impressive. Thank you all for making our stay a wonderful memory!
I highly recommend this property

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank deepwaterqueen
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

I hate to give it a poor review, because it's really a good hotel in general.

But, it's filled and surrounded by flies, which makes the hotel a health concern for the people staying there.

I never seen this ugly scene before in Orange County, so it's really weird.

The only explanation might be the horse track or club behind them.

But anyways they are suppose to deal with it instead of leaving this ugly health hazard like that.

Avoid til they fix this issue.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Karen O, Assistant General Manager at Residence Inn Cypress Los Alamitos, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding this issue. We appreciate your understanding. It has definitely been a struggle this year, more than any year in the past. I do want to assure you that we have a plan in place to reduce the volume of flies at the hotel. I can confidently say, that we have the situation under control as I write this.
We are working closely with the race track, who is trying to be a good neighbor. They are spraying their land and ours every day. In addition, we are utilizing our pest elimination vendor every week to provide support. We will continue to fight the flies every day to make sure that our guests have an enjoyable experience and can comfortably use every area of the hotel.
We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed here for a business trip and it was very comfortable. I had a nice large room with a fireplace and a kitchen. It was comfortable and spacious and recently updated. I had no trouble getting an internet connection from the room. The room was clean and had a full kitchen if you wanted to cook. Staff at the front desk were very friendly.

The hotel had a couple of social hours which were nice after work including a sip and dip pool party. This hotel is close to a number of restaurants. They had a free breakfast in the morning with hot food which was great. I would definetly stay here again if I was in the area.

A bonus was being able to see the track from my window. It was fun to watch them exercise the horses in the morning. You are almost right next door to Los Alamitos Race Track.

Room Tip: I had an top level room with a view of the racetrack.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2.9 km away
Hampton Inn Los Angeles / Orange County / Cypress
1.7 km away
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Cypress

Been to Residence Inn Cypress Los Alamitos? Share your experiences!