Best Western Los Alamitos Inn & Suites(Los Alamitos)(Great Value!)
US$177
US$162
Ayres Hotel Seal Beach(Seal Beach)(Great Value!)
US$189
US$119
US$145
US$131
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$148/night.

US$159
Hyatt.com
US$115
ExtendedStay
US$105
Hampton Inn & Suites Seal Beach(Seal Beach)(Great Value!)
US$191
US$174
Hampton.com
US$132
US$120
All reviewslong beachoatmealfront desksports courtkitchen areaneeded a place to stayfresh fruitbedroom suitesausage baconmake your own wafflesla areacoffee tableorange countyfree internetnice stayenjoyed my stayfull kitchen
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

I hate to give it a poor review, because it's really a good hotel in general.

But, it's filled and surrounded by flies, which makes the hotel a health concern for the people staying there.

I never seen this ugly scene before in Orange County, so it's really weird.

The only explanation might be the horse track or club behind them.

But anyways they are suppose to deal with it instead of leaving this ugly health hazard like that.

Avoid til they fix this issue.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Karen O, Assistant General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Cypress Los Alamitos, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding this issue. We appreciate your understanding. It has definitely been a struggle this year, more than any year in the past. I do want to assure you that we have a plan in place to reduce the volume of flies at the hotel. I can confidently say, that we have the situation under control as I write this.
We are working closely with the race track, who is trying to be a good neighbor. They are spraying their land and ours every day. In addition, we are utilizing our pest elimination vendor every week to provide support. We will continue to fight the flies every day to make sure that our guests have an enjoyable experience and can comfortably use every area of the hotel.
We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed here for a business trip and it was very comfortable. I had a nice large room with a fireplace and a kitchen. It was comfortable and spacious and recently updated. I had no trouble getting an internet connection from the room. The room was clean and had a full kitchen if you wanted to cook. Staff at the front desk were very friendly.

The hotel had a couple of social hours which were nice after work including a sip and dip pool party. This hotel is close to a number of restaurants. They had a free breakfast in the morning with hot food which was great. I would definetly stay here again if I was in the area.

A bonus was being able to see the track from my window. It was fun to watch them exercise the horses in the morning. You are almost right next door to Los Alamitos Race Track.

Room Tip: I had an top level room with a view of the racetrack.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We booked this room last minute for a quick get away. The price was good and location perfect. The rooms are clean and plenty of room. They have kitchen and living room. The pool was fun for kiddo. Seemed like nice people staying her. Grounds are nice and well keep.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

I booked a block of rooms for several families. From the moment I contacted the staff at this hotel they were courteous and thorough. Upon check in they were friendly- even offering up several options for nearby restaurants and directions to my nearest bank. Our room was clean- nice and very comfortable. The rooms felt updated and we were very happy. The included breakfast was fully stocked and delicious. Pool area and hotel grounds were very clean and as we were there we saw many staff members walk through to check on the area. We will most definately return to this hotel. Thank you for the great stay!

• Stayed: July 2014
Lisa L, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Cypress Los Alamitos, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Thank you for the terrific review! It was our pleasure to serve you and your family during your visit to the area.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

The hotel property is very nice, the staff were excellent, the pool, work area, etc. all good. So what was the problem you ask...Flies. Everywhere. Outside by the pool, inside the lobby and in the breakfast area. Not in our room, thank goodness, but everywhere else.

I guess being next to the Los Alamitos Horse Racing Track is the source of this problem but it needs to be fixed. Either install some blowers above the doors like they use in hospitals and other buildings or put up some fly traps because it was bad.

Fix this issue and the rating goes way up.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you very much for the outstanding comments regarding the staff and hotel. We appreciate your comments regarding the flies as well. The summer of 2014 has been a difficult year for flies and as you mentioned, the souce is the Los Alamitos Race Track. We are partnering with both the Race Track as well as our own pest control vendor to reduce the volume of flies and are confident that we will be able to solve this issue quickly. We look forward to your next visit!