“Beautiful setting and good food”
Review of High Hand Nursery

High Hand Nursery
Ranked #2 of 29 Restaurants in Loomis
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 August 2016

Great setting in a conservatory and garden, nice and airy. Eclectic menu, solid service, and very tasty! Some of the best crab cakes I have ever eaten, which is sort of unusual given its distance from the ocean. Lemon blackberry cobbler was also outstanding - great flavors and texture. Well worth the drive to Loomis to check it out.

Reviewed 1 August 2016

At the suggestion of a coworker, I brought an out of town guest to High-Hand Nursery. It was also my first visit. We both very much enjoyed the Fruit Shed (Art Gallery, craft shops, etc.). The art gallery had a diverse set of local artists – quite a bit of ‘joyful’ art that made us laugh and smile. A felting store had some neat pieces and offer felting classes which I plan on taking sometime soon. An olive oil store that had balsamic and some additional condiments. I actually loved the sample olives and I never like olives. There were a few more stores. We easily, enjoyably frittered away a couple of hours.
We then had a meal at the café. The food was good but I felt like it tried too hard. For example, the peach salad had a lavender dressing. Lavender is typically used as a light flavor but it was extremely strong and overpowered or clashed with some of the other flavors in the salad (was amazing with the raspberry though). Service was very good and the environment was pleasing (it was a tad warm but it was one of those 100+ days). We didn’t have room for dessert but have to say that watching them pass by, they were large servings and looked tasty.
A stroll around a portion of the nursery and walk through a few more shops rounded out a lovely afternoon. I will return again for the nursery and Fruit Shed but probably wouldn’t eat there again (not bad just not as good as I’d hoped).

Reviewed 27 June 2016

It's a nicely laid out shady spot for lunch. No dinners except for w/e. Good choice of healthy sandwiches, soups and salads.

Reviewed 24 June 2016

It's a popular restaurant and for good reason. We didn't make a reservation and we had a half-hour wait at lunchtime on a Friday, but we wandered around the beautiful nursery grounds so the time went by quickly. We also could have gone to the various shops, or simply sat in the shade by the koi pond.

The service was excellent. We had the fish tacos and the pastrami sandwich and both were delicious. We each ended up taking half our meals home, because we spied the apple pie a la mode and decided to save room for dessert. Glad we did, the pie and the vanilla bean ice cream were divine. We thoroughly enjoyed our lunch here and we'll definitely be back.

Reviewed 9 June 2016

The food and atmosphere was great, my wife and I sat outside and surrounded by trees made for a very enjoyable time. Don't forget to walk around after you have eaten you will enjoy the music and atmosphere both inside and out.