“Great Burmese food”

the Green Elephant
Ranked #7 of 28 Restaurants in Loomis
Cuisines: Burmese
Reviewed 7 September 2016

A great small place with excellent food at a reasonable cost had an outstanding tea tree salad excellent service

1  Thank lawnman41

Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

We have eaten at the Green Elephant many times. The food is very interesting with items you do not see at any other restaurants. The green tea salad is awesome, chicken chili jam has a very unique and addicting aspect to it. Love the "drunken noodles.

The owner of the restaurant is a one woman crew for the place. She is the only waiter, bus boy and might even do some of the cooking. The place gets crowed especially on weekends and you can wait and wait for water, drinks and the food. If they would hire one person to help clear the tables and bring water and drinks, service would improve immensely. I will only order food to go on weekdays since you can wait over a hour for pickup on weekends.

The food is great so I have put up with the service inadequacies.

Reviewed 15 June 2016

Have you ever tried Burmese Food? Well you should. The Green Elephant has some wonderful foods with some amazing spice (not always hot). I have been here a few time and enjoyed a every different plate with the exception of the pad thai. I am not saying its the worst thing ever. I am just saying I have had better else where. However, if your looking to try something new, a different type of food, within a small town atmosphere this is a great stop.

Reviewed 29 April 2016

I came here based on other's good reviews. I live really close like 5 mins away. I've been here three times, with friend, with hubby, take out...I've tried all different things in the three visits but both my husband and I can't find anything good about it...the food..salty and heavily sauced. the meat, hard to chew and very dry like wood. I want green curry and no green curry here..I just don't know what is good here..

Reviewed 26 April 2016

I only dined here for lunch, but I know the salad I had was very good.
I'm not familiar with this type of food (Thai) so was limited in my choices.