All reviews the holiday inn within miles shuttle service free shuttle underground parking downtown area fridge and microwave cruise port beds were very comfortable bit dated front desk staff will stay there again business trip early check coffee maker convention center internet
Reviewed 20 February 2016

Stayed here for two nights recently.

Pros - pleasant, very nice staff. comfortable beds. clean room.
Negatives - poor wifi, not such a great neighborhood, have to pay for parking.

Cafe was pretty good, but would have been nicer if full restaurant since the neighborhood not the greatest.

first night heard police cars a few times , second night quieter.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
James M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Long Beach (Dwtn Area), responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2016

foodfancierEastCoast, Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed our staff and cleanliness. Thank you for sharing your feedback about our café. We also have major Wi-Fi network upgrades taking place in the very near future. We thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed 18 February 2016

This was a clean hotel with nice sized rooms. The staff were very friendly, polite and efficient. The bed was comfortable. The shower hot and strong pressure. There is a shuttle for close by around town and it worked well. Breakfast was a good selection. Parking can be a bit of an issue if you aren't early! I will stya here again.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business

Reginald S, Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am so happy to hear that you had a great stay with us. From our Front Desk, Café, Housekeeping, and Engineering team, we thank you for your kind words. We understand that you have a choice when deciding where to stay for your travels, we are so appreciative that you chose to stay with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 17 February 2016 via mobile

Only there a night, the front desk staff was super thorough and polite. The cafe is better than expected. There is a free area shuttle that had a long line in the morning, so I recommend getting downstairs earlier than we did. Overall nice place.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Bree B
James M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Long Beach (Dwtn Area), responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2016

Bree B, Thank you so much for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I am so glad you enjoyed our front desk staff and café. I am thrilled to share your comments with our team. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and sharing your kind words on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed 16 February 2016

checked in sunday the 14 of Feb and had no internet and called down to the front desk three different time. they told me that some one from tech support would call us back so waited and waited no call back so called again at 12:30 am and they transferred me to tech support and they said there was nothing they could do because the system had to be reset .. Talked to the manager morning of the 15th and told him the problem we had the only thing he could do for us was give us each a free breakfast . for making us not be able to do work on the internet and they advertise free internet it free alright you don't have any . so need to internet find another hotel .. pretty disappointed with the manager that he could not even offer to give us a refund of half of what we paid or give us a free night for another night .. i guess we were not alone met people downstairs doing the same trying to use the internet and couldn't ..

Room Tip: before checking in see if the internet works lots of hotels in Long Beach
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Steve G

steven g, Thank you so much for your review of our property. I am very sorry for the troubles you had with our internet during your stay. Internet is a big part of our business and we have a huge project getting underway very soon to overhaul our entire wi-fi network with the very latest technology available in terms of cabling and bandwidth. I encourage you to reach out to me directly if you'd like to further discuss your experience as your 100% satisfaction is our goal. Thank you again for sharing your review on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed 13 February 2016

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel while I was on a business trip. The room was spacious enough and centrally located. I travel a lot and usually meet one or two people who make my day. I would say that overall I had a really good customer service experience at this hotel. It was at every touchpoint---from the time I checked in to the time that I left. I was impressed with their consistency of catering to their customers. Kudos to everyone!

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business

bpal107, Thank you so much for sharing your review on TripAdvisor. I am so glad you enjoyed the service our team provided you. We take so much pride in providing the best possible service and we have a lot of special people on staff that go into creating that. Thank you so much for sharing your kind words as it is an honor to share your review with the team, we hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to Long Beach.