“Viaje a California”

Best Western Of Long Beach
Ranked #10 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 21 February 2012

THis hotel picked me up after my cruise without having reservations offered me a ride to downtown long beach to see the hotels around and then to this place i can tell you that i would have not got a warmer stay anywhere else I usually get homesick but they sure made feel at home clean place and happy staff. Now going to the outside well the city its a big small city where you find diversity for sure saying that I like to point a few things that came handy like the metro my God it was a life saver as I could connect to Los Angeles fast easy and cheap for $5 you can ride all day taking to downtown is a few stops and it leaves you in the heart of beautiful Long Beach i cannot mention all the restaurants they have and a lovely walk path among the beach line I did my daily run there everyday at sunset then stopped by a small Argentinian bar n grill called Gaucho on Pine ave nice sidewalk sitting they have indeed and awesome mojitos.

Room Tip: The rooms on the east side are quieter
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 21 February 2012

Admirable lobby, welcoming front desk personal. They were very attentive and helpful to what I needed. The room was peaceful and very clean. There pool area is very well maintained and nice place to relax, this hotel also has a on site washer and dryer which is absolutely convenient! This Best Western includes a deluxe continental breakfast which was great! The location was also very convenient many close by restaurants and the downtown shopping center is only 4 minutes away. This is a magnificent hotel you get a considerable amount of things for a economical cost.

Room Tip: free gated parking, great for leaving a car to go on cruise.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Stacey W
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I am really excited to write a review for this hotel. I always visit this hotel with my family. I am student in LB city college. My parents always visit me when they are on their business trip. We chose this hotel because it is located in the center of Long Beach. Lot of benefits like Metro train station front of hotel, Long Beach downtown and Queen Mary in 1 mile of radius. Also Long beach airport 15 minutes distance.
The hotel appearance is a really good. If you think about rooms condition, its really decent, clean and spacious. They have a nice conference room. We are really satisfied with their amenities and service. I also met couple of people over their who were going for Cruise. I was amazed with the great deals this hotel offer.In future I would like to stay in this hotel for my Park and cruise plan too. I don't think so ,there is any other hotel which offer Continental Breakfast, heated pool, free high speed internet, Business Center, room amenities in very decent price.
Last but not least about customer service.All the Front desk staff, Manager, Housekeeping were very nice. They work very professional. Keep it up!!
My parents are also very happy with this Hotel service. I am gonna recommend my friends and family about this hotel.
Best Western of Long Beach, thanks for going extra miles to serve customers.
Bravo !!!

Room Tip: Just call a hotel and tell them what kind of room you are looking for. They will fulfill your reques...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 February 2012

My stay was very pleasant! The hotel was excellent as well as the service! Everyone was friendly! I will recommend this hotel to my family and friends! Also some of these comments are ridiculous and have nothing to do with the hotel!

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 16 February 2012

The bad neighborhood is not the only horrible thing about my experience, but I'll start there first. When we were checking in, we noticed a woman with her daughter were checking in and all of their possessions with them: meaning they were homeless. Afterward, we decided to go out for a walk and check out the neighborhood. What a mistake, right outside the gate was a drug induced homeless man laying on the ground next to his urine jar. We walked 100 feet toward downtown and immediately headed back as we felt unsafe (and this was at 1:00 in the afternoon).
The next thing is that the hotel is run down, although I will give them credit for trying to keep the rooms neat and clean.
The last thing was one of the front desk clerks tried to trick us into taking one of their airport shuttles instead of taking a cab. He told us that the cab company would only send a Prius and it would not be big enough to accomodate the 6 people in our party. Aside from that, I found the rest of the staff to be pleasant.
The only reason I gave this a Poor rating as opposed to a Terrible rating is because the free breakfast was acutally decent, albeit in a very tight space.
The money we saved on the low rate we got was countered by the money we spent on cabs to take us to some safe areas of downtown Long Beach. If you're looking for a place just to sleep at a low rate, go for it, but if you're going to stay and try to sightsee do not go here. I felt I needed a clean shower after staying there, it was creepy.

Room Tip: Airport and Cruise Ship Shuttles are free if you book through the hotel, but if you book through ano...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank JYCtraveler
mikesandhu, Manager at Best Western Of Long Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2012

Dear JYCtraveler:

We were disheartened to read about the poor experience during your visit. Please know that this is by no means the Standard at Best Western of Long Beach. Feedback such as yours is very valuable to us, as it shows us where improvement is needed. It is important to mention the lady and her two doughters mention in your review had lost their housing nights prior due to a fire. The hotel management team in conjunction with Red Cross had cordinate as an act of humanity to provide a place to stay for a mother her 2 doughters ages 4 and 6 for the time being. We apologize for not being able to provide you with the free shuttle you requested. We extend our sincere apologies for your disappointing experience.

Kind regards.