All reviews ceiling fan breakfast was delicious extra touches each morning fresh fruit bed and breakfast a great stay location is ideal would stay here again three nights long beach area other guests we've stayed within walking distance checking in bnb parking
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend booked this B&B for our stay in Long Beach. I did the half marathon and we were looking for a place to stay. It's conveniently located to the beach and res too restaurants. It took a few minutes to drive to the starting line of the race for us.

Pat was very welcoming and nice. The breakfast that morning were eggs, bacon, oatmeal, fruit and pastries. I found it to be delicious. It's definitely cozy and I can see us booking the B&B again for future stays.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2017

My husband and I spent had a delightful stay at the Beachrunner's Inn in mid-May. We always stay at B&B's when possible. We love the extra touches, and the personal contact. Pat and Courtney were gracious and welcoming, and we loved getting to meet the whole family! The location is fantastic--restaurants, the art museum, and the downtown walking distance. Plus, it is only a few blocks to the ocean front path, which goes for miles. My husband was there for a bike event, and they let him park his bike in a safe place overnight. The toiletries in the bathroom were deluxe! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2017

I thought this was a great stay for the price. It is on Broadway near several restaurants in Long Beach. My room was small, but comfortable. The bed could have been more comfortable. There was a ceiling fan and a small TV with a DVD player. I did not watch TV, but there are lots of movies to choose from downstairs. Breakfast was nice, although next time I will ask if they can make some vegetarian hot options. It is not a fancy place, and it kind of feels like house sitting. I would stay here again. There is parking behind the nearby juice bar.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Hitcher84
Reviewed 22 May 2017

This isn't a luxury hotel, and that's why my husband and I booked it. It's hard to find places in Long Beach that aren't either incredibly expensive (and in the busy, boring downtown) or frighteningly shabby. Beachrunner's Inn is a pretty, comfortable house that's just a 4-minute walk from the beach and a 10-minute walk from 4th Street's Retro Row restaurants, bars, and shops. It's the perfect place to stay if you want to get a feel for the loveliest parts of Long Beach without even moving your car.

Parking, though, is a real perk. There's a lot just behind an excellent juice bar. Never having to worry about street parking was so nice.

The inn itself is small, quiet, and homey. We stayed in a room with a comfortable king-sized bed. We were longing for air conditioning on this hot May weekend, but the fans and cross breezes from windows kept us reasonably cool.

We didn't use the common rooms, but felt free to do so--we never ran into other guests, except at breakfast. I didn't eat, but my husband said it was very good--eggs, fresh fruit, juice. I DID have coffee, and it was much better than the usual hotel coffee.

We really like a hands-off, come-and-go-as-you-please approach, and so were pretty happy with our stay. We liked keying in and out of the building, and didn't mind not having instant, 24/7 access to the proprietors. We knew they were just a phone call away.

Because we have family in Long Beach, we visit a few times a year. We've tried hotels and a few Airbnbs, and Beachrunner's is one of the more pleasant, easy, affordable places we've stayed. And the location is ideal.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank claireclaire
Reviewed 18 May 2017

This was my second visit to Beachrunners Inn. Still a nice place to stay, but seemed to be lacking the nice, personal touches of my last visit.
Room was fine, but was missing shampoo. No big deal, as I had some.
Breakfast was more basic than I remember. A cooked item, sitting in the pan in which it was made, was placed in the middle of the table. With breakfast starting at 7a, if you happen to get down at 8:30a or 9:00a, your breakfast would be quite cold.
Still a beautiful house, and is like visiting your aunt's home. Not so sure of another repeat visit.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business