“Great locates restaurant and bar. Great appetizers and beer selection. Note: Packer Bar”

Eldorado Bar and Grill
Ranked #426 of 1,135 Restaurants in Long Beach
Reviewed 11 August 2017

Never would have expected a bar with a SouthAfrica twist. Food here was outstanding, the Jerk chicken was delicious. The burgers were great too. Bar and tap selection is really good and the clientele and environment was very fun and energetic. They apparently have bands on weekends, will have to check that out some time. Will come again.

Reviewed 28 July 2017

I have had the chance to visit the Eldorado a few times now. It's not much to look at from the outside, but the food is great. They offer a good selection, but their Borewors roll and Braai platter that includes lamb is to die for. For any South African in the LA area this place offers up some great tastes of home including a delicious melk tert. I highly recommend them!

Reviewed 17 October 2016

My wife and I had a nice dinner with my 87 year old mother. Excellent choices on menu from appetizers, salads, sandwiches and full dinners. We were there on Sat. night with many TV's on with the Dodger game. It was toooo loud for older people to fully enjoy dinner. The food was great and we will return on a week day or afternoon and sit in the patio. The steaks(which we didn't try because of price) were $30 for a rib-eye and $50 for a porterhouse. I have paid that in fine retaurants, but not in this environment---even if it was quieter!!

Reviewed 30 September 2016

Fantastic service and some great food
We really enjoyed our meal and will definitely be back. Fun little bar/grill with a real neighbourhood feel. Our waitress had excellent suggestions and knew the menu inside and out. Great selection of beer on tap to boot!
I had placed my order but saw a plate of the Guiness meat pie go by and quickly changed. Glad I did The puff pastry crust was light and flakey and the insides were piping hot and yummy.
We also had one of the daily specials mac 'n cheese with lobster and shirmp. While the lobster was a little chewy, the pasta and shrimp were excellent. When we mentioned it our waitress wanted to bring out an entire new plate, and when we insisted that was not required she insisted on treating us to a dessert. Now that's customer service!
Lots of other intriguing items on the menu for our next visit!

Reviewed 25 June 2016

Have you ever gone to a restaurant and watched the manager stop by every table but your table to chat? This does not happen at El Dorado Bar and Grill.

Robbie, the manager on Saturday night, stopped by to thank us for trying El Dorado Bar and Grill and gave us a free dessert as appreciation of our being a first time customer.

The Milk Tart Milk Tart was fun and tastes great. The milk tart is a traditional South African cinnamon custard pie served with whipped cream. Yummy.

El Dorado Bar and Grill is a restaurant,bar, sports bar and tavern all in one. It's great for a family, couple, group. There's a band every Friday and Saturday night. There are televisions with various sports playing.

It features a menu of American fare, draft beers & cocktails. My lamb shank was excellent. My husband enjoyed his steak.

We can't wait to go back to try the curry.