“Amazing BBQ Tri Tip”

Ranked #112 of 1,135 Restaurants in Long Beach
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: "Serving the Best Bar-B-Que with the Finest Southern Hospitality"
Reviewed 3 July 2017

Good service and great food. I ordered the BBQ Tri Tip and that came with the tastiest mac and cheese. The tri tip was very tender and juicy.

Reviewed 22 June 2017

Stopped in after a long day at the beach, shopping. Wait time was minimal, service was outstanding and food was delicious.

Reviewed 26 May 2017

Last night we went to Lucille's to celebrate my niece's graduation. We have been here MANY times before and have had far better experiences. The good thing was we were a party of 12, with no reservation, and we were seated relatively quickly. We have had to wait an hour or more before - perhaps the lack of wait is connected to the slippage in quality of service? Additionally - when we did get our correct orders, the food was pretty good.

Here is how the evening went - Once seated the waitress fairly quickly came and got drink orders. It then took longer than I would have expected for the drinks (soft drinks, water and iced tea) to come out. She then brought some biscuits -again, seemed to be a bit of lag time, but they were delicious once we got them. My niece had some time constraints due to grad night so we had to order before the last 3 people in our party arrived. The service was a bit spotty, but our food came out pretty quickly - however, of the 5 plates order, 2 of them came out incorrectly with side dishes that were not ordered. The food that was ordered at the same time, did not come out at the same time (so the first half of our party order at the same time, but the food was staggered coming out). Once we alerted them to the orders not being correct, they brought out the correct sides and left the ones were delivered by mistake, which was a nice gesture.

The second half of our party arrive about 10 minutes after we ordered. The waitress did not ever bring them out any biscuits even though it was clear that what had been brought out before were gone. The late arrivals ordered pretty quickly after they arrived. It then took FOREVER for them to get their food. The order was not complicated - a bowl of chowder (that came out quickly), a fried chicken sandwich and a half rack of ribs with two sides of mac and cheese. It took so long that my niece, sister and mother had to leave before they even got their food - we had all finished long before. We were even offering them our left overs - it took so long!

The waitress checked in a couple of times each time saying the rest of the food was on the way and then she stopped checking in - I think she sensed it was a ridiculously long wait and wanted to avoid having to tell us it was on the way - yet again. When I inquired a last time about the food, she said it was taking so long because of the sandwich (?!).

Thankfully, I don't think my niece noticed the issues in all of her excitement about her graduation and getting off to her grad night so her big day was not ruined by the sub-par experience.

I imagine that this fail was a combination of the kitchen, management (they may have been ill prepared for the large parties coming in due to graduations at high schools and the nearby CSULB) and inexperienced wait staff that were avoiding tables because they realized things were not going well.

I am not sure I will rush back. Overall it was a disappointing experience. On a positive note, the food was good once we got what we ordered.

Rebekah G, Guest Relations Manager at Lucille's Smokehouse Bar B Que, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2017

Hi there, we are so sorry to hear about your recent visit and would like to follow up. Please email us at guestconcerns@lucillesbbq.com specifying which location you visited. We will be in touch soon. Thank you!

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Love Lucille's! Bar B Q Brisket and Tri Tip are my favorite. You get 2 great sides with the Plate and don't forget the fabulous biscuits!! Good atmosphere and the service is really friendly and attentive. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 5 March 2017

What amazing BBQ. We loved the atmosphere and were blown away with the size of the smoker. Our waitress was extremely helpful in helping us decide what to order. We actually ordered more so that we could take it back to our hotel.