“Much better than we expected”

Royal Inn Motel Long Beach
Ranked #35 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
Reviewed 7 July 2015

We stayed in the motel for eight days. At the beginning, we were scared by the bad reviews from the internet. So I made a call to the staff first to ask them to make a good arrangement for our stay since we booked two rooms with double queen size beds. When we got there, they already assigned our rooms next to each other on the second floor. The rooms are spacious, neat and convenient with microwave and refrigerator. The location is close to anywhere we went, Disney, Long beach and so on. Best of all, the price is excellent. We really had a good time during this trip and appreciate the help and good arrangement from the staff of the motel.

Room Tip: Rooms are clean and spacious. The location is convenient. And the price is excellent.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Jing Z

Reviewed 7 July 2015 via mobile

Royal Inn Motel isn't usually in my repertoire of places I stay. But as I was in the area for a little while, decided to find something a bit more economical.

In terms of location, the motel is in Long Beach in an area called Cambodia Town. It's definitely in the more "ghetto" part of town but still safe to walk the streets during the day and evenings. Nights are fine if with a friend or more; I walked it alone and was fine. Around the area are within easy reach the basic fast food places, laundry facilities, and convenience stores. Don't expect more than this.

The room itself is a cozy place. It does the job and is clean and has hit running shower, fridge, microwave. Surprisingly, the lighting is well lit. Internet is just okay. A struggle some days to get online. So, we sure you can use your smartphone for data purposes. Rooms are clean.

This is a simple place with simple accommodation. Staff are friendly and nice.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 June 2015

Let me first stat off by saying used to live in Long Beach, so I was in for no big surprise when I booked the room
What I was disturbed to find was that there is a NO VISITORS rule had I known that I surely would NOT have booked that room
Due to allergies I would have stayed with my two grown sons I had planed to give each one of of my boys hair cuts and and a old fashioned straight edge razor shave the management argued with me for over an hour all the while on the phone to his boss in their native langue yelling and hackn up some imaginative phlem.
I tried to explain in ENGLISH THAT I WAS NOT A PIMP ANS MT BOYS ARE NOT MY HOES .
OR THE OTHER ONE WHERE WE ARE DRUG DEALERS . NOTHING LIKE A BRICK WALL OR TALKN TO A GLASS OF WATER.

In the end I just said ENOUGH and did what I INTENDED TO DO as they stared at us and we stared right back
I THOUGHT TRIPADVISOR WAS SUPPOSED TO WEED OUT ALL THE LEMONS
IN A PHRASE RUN, RUN FAR AWAY.

Room Tip: go anywhere but this flop house
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Mickey K
Reviewed 27 May 2015 via mobile

Loved it, very kind staff and good prices. Just a few minutes away from Downtown Long Beach, the beach and business.
The room was comfy and has all TVE amenities you need. Even they hace hot tub. I would come back.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EdMeza00
Reviewed 11 September 2014

The neighborhood is a little sketchy at nite but close to stores and not a very long walk to the beach. The rooms were clean and had what was needed; better than the entire property appearance would have led you to believe from the outside. The hotel clerks/desk staff lent a feeling of security to the whole operation; offering a friendly but no-nonsense approach that probably keeps the less well-intentioned at bay. Very good deal for the money!

Room Tip: maybe second floor is better
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo