“A good deal for a budget motel”

Royal Inn Motel Long Beach
Ranked #33 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
Reviewed 7 July 2015 via mobile

Royal Inn Motel isn't usually in my repertoire of places I stay. But as I was in the area for a little while, decided to find something a bit more economical.

In terms of location, the motel is in Long Beach in an area called Cambodia Town. It's definitely in the more "ghetto" part of town but still safe to walk the streets during the day and evenings. Nights are fine if with a friend or more; I walked it alone and was fine. Around the area are within easy reach the basic fast food places, laundry facilities, and convenience stores. Don't expect more than this.

The room itself is a cozy place. It does the job and is clean and has hit running shower, fridge, microwave. Surprisingly, the lighting is well lit. Internet is just okay. A struggle some days to get online. So, we sure you can use your smartphone for data purposes. Rooms are clean.

This is a simple place with simple accommodation. Staff are friendly and nice.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Royal Inn Motel Long Beach

Reviewed 29 June 2015

Let me first stat off by saying used to live in Long Beach, so I was in for no big surprise when I booked the room
What I was disturbed to find was that there is a NO VISITORS rule had I known that I surely would NOT have booked that room
Due to allergies I would have stayed with my two grown sons I had planed to give each one of of my boys hair cuts and and a old fashioned straight edge razor shave the management argued with me for over an hour all the while on the phone to his boss in their native langue yelling and hackn up some imaginative phlem.
I tried to explain in ENGLISH THAT I WAS NOT A PIMP ANS MT BOYS ARE NOT MY HOES .
OR THE OTHER ONE WHERE WE ARE DRUG DEALERS . NOTHING LIKE A BRICK WALL OR TALKN TO A GLASS OF WATER.

In the end I just said ENOUGH and did what I INTENDED TO DO as they stared at us and we stared right back
I THOUGHT TRIPADVISOR WAS SUPPOSED TO WEED OUT ALL THE LEMONS
IN A PHRASE RUN, RUN FAR AWAY.

Room Tip: go anywhere but this flop house
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Mickey K
Reviewed 27 May 2015 via mobile

Loved it, very kind staff and good prices. Just a few minutes away from Downtown Long Beach, the beach and business.
The room was comfy and has all TVE amenities you need. Even they hace hot tub. I would come back.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EdMeza00
Reviewed 11 September 2014

The neighborhood is a little sketchy at nite but close to stores and not a very long walk to the beach. The rooms were clean and had what was needed; better than the entire property appearance would have led you to believe from the outside. The hotel clerks/desk staff lent a feeling of security to the whole operation; offering a friendly but no-nonsense approach that probably keeps the less well-intentioned at bay. Very good deal for the money!

Room Tip: maybe second floor is better
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank J F
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Water poured out of the back of toilet when flushed, toilet paper roll half used already, smashed bugs sticking half way out from behind bathroom mirror. Shower head so clogged I had to get vice grips out of trunk to remove so me and my wife could shower, bed wasn't queen size probably a full, queen bed was advertised. HBO subscription was invalid, huge sign out front says free HBO. Plus had to leave air conditioner on entire time we were there cause room was hot and humid. And all of that happened in the two hours, at which point we left for the night and than slept in a walmart parking lot in the rental car cause we refused to return to the worst motel/hotel we have ever seen.

• Stayed: July 2014