See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 November 2014

Since sometime in October the place has been closed. It never really never qualified as a hotel in every sense of the word. The quality of everything has gone down, down,down,down for the last 10 years. Good riddence!!!!!! I hear it will be torn down & replaced.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank ALBERT A
Reviewed 30 September 2014

THE hotel / motel = 0/10 . Old, WiFi don't work, Tv don't work, restroom Very bad. THE first room was Very bad, i haved changed it. THE second room was a Little better but still bad, afther 1 night i check out. THE office are Very friendly.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 24 September 2014

My Husband was looking for a place on the beach and thought he had found a hidden gem. Over all the place isn't terrible. They have tried to update. But this place in the end is a bear bones place. Our biggest disappointment was that there was NO AIR CONDITIONING! We did not feel comfortable leaving the windows wide open! We did go to the front office and acquired 2 fans to run through the night.
The shower tile had been painted and was peeling and the floor outside of the shower showed signs of mold and the floor was wet and squishy under the linoleum.
There is a nice little kitchenette area if you are planning on staying a few nights.
The beds are not comfortable. We never made it to the beach. We checked out the next day and looked for another place.
THE BIGGEST THING I WANT EVERYONE TO KNOW IS THAT "THERE IS NO AIR CONDITIONING"!

Room Tip: THERE IS NO AIR CONDITIONING IN ANY OF THE ROOMS. Do not stay in a room by the pool. You will hear noise from every other room around the pool because their window will be open trying to stay cool.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Dirty sticky carpet. Hair on the bathroom floor. Bugs in the tub! No AC. Lumpy pillows and a sunken bed. I ended up using a rolled towel as a pillow as it was more comfortable. Plus the staff was rude!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

So we went to Long Beach because my daughter was participating in a Dance Festival. It was sort of a last minute trip so rooms were booked & we had a hard time finding a hotel without spending too much. I kept reading the reviews for The Beach Plaza Hotel. It had very mixed reviews by a majority of them weren't good....but didn't have much luck finding anything that was decent price for a couple nights....so I was really hoping the reviews were wrong.

When we first got there we got there early but we were still able to check in. The buildings were really old but it was right next to the beach which was nice. When we walked in the office the staff was very friendly but it stunk so bad...so I was hoping the room was better. We were put in an Ocean View room with a queen bed and a sofabed. We walked in room and it didn't seem to be too bad...but we weren't there long. When we got back that evening we came in the room and tried to pull out sofabed & it was not only broken but the mattress was nasty. My mom went down to office to get an extra sheet/blanket so my daughter could sleep on the couch. The office said someone should have told us about the broken couch. I sat on the couch and immediately had a flea jump on me. The bed was so stiff and pillows were thin. The shower was okay but when I got in it there were a couple ants so it kind of grossed me out. The bathroom was very tiny. We had such trouble sleeping that I just wanted to cry...but knew I didn't have any other option. The noise outside was so loud both nights we were there with people partying all hours of the night. You could hear glass breaking And People screaming...I was just so disapointed. We did walk down to the beach which all you have to do is walk down stairs to the beach and it was just beautiful.

Like I said...i didn't want to believe the reviews but it really isn't worth the money. I paid $124 a night. ..and honestly I don't know if you could pay me to stay there....even though I will say the staff was very friendly and the hotel really has a potential with the awesome location and right on bus line....somebody just needs to fix it up and enforce some quiet times or something.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family