“Great Food, High Prices, Greasy Tables”

Lone Pine Smoke House
Ranked #2 of 4 Quick Bites in Lone Pine
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Description: Bringing Central Texas style BBQ to the Eastern Sierras. We are a fast casual restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating. We offer house smoked Prime Brisket, Baby Back Ribs, Organic Turkey Breast, Pulled Pork and a variety of sides and vegetarian options. Beer and Wine are available and we can accommodate large groups. We also have live music on the weekends during the Summer months.
Reviewed 11 September 2019

Frankly, the place appeared pretty dumpy--bright lights, walk up counter, sticky tables, one bathroom--but the food was VERY tasty. I had the sausage sandwich with a side of cowboy chili w/ brisket; the wife had the brisket sandwich & potato salad. I have to admit I laughed when I saw how small our order was when I retrieved it from the counter, especially after paying almost $60 for it (this included a bottle of beer & a carafe or half-carafe of wine--only size they had, apparently & ran $15). If the food wasn't so tasty, I would have given this place two stars.

Date of visit: September 2019
1  Thank NealCassady001
Write a reviewReviews (109)

Reviewed 6 July 2019 via mobile

Its a canteen styled bbq place with indoor and outdoor sitting. Its pretty much self service style of operation. We have pulled pork and brisket for dinner with an order of coleslaw. The top portion of the slaw was fine but the bottom part was actually rotten. It smelled and I got sick from it that night. Unrealible food hygience and standards. Avoid this place.

Date of visit: July 2019
1  Thank MOKKualaLumpur
Reviewed 17 June 2019

Everything is a la carte. I had half of rack of ribs, cole slaw and pototoe salad. The cole slaw was awful but the potatoe salad was okay. The ribs: I cook ribs all the time so like to critique others. This place only use dry rub with no BBQ sauce. I felt the ribs tasted very good. The meat did not fall off the bone but it came off smoothly with a little tug. You have to pick up your food and take it to the table .After you are done, you have to bus your plate and utensils. I would come back for the ribs but not the cole slaw.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed 28 May 2019

Brisket, ribs and beans were outstanding! Sausage was dry and bland. Cole slaw is ok.
Menu is pretty limiting- it's either a sandwich or the combo plate, which is a little irritating when all you want is brisket and you don't want a sandwich. I

Date of visit: May 2019
1  Thank Mike G
raelenea2016, Owner at Lone Pine Smoke House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2019

You can buy sliced brisket by the pound in increments of 1/4 lb., 1/3 lb., 1/2 lb., or full lb. you can also buy a full brisket to go.

Reviewed 21 April 2019 via mobile

I love this place, we had the beans, potato salad, macaroni and cheese, ribs, brisket and sausage. The meat was extremely tender and has an amazing flavor. The kids loved the macaroni and cheese plus ate the meat. No complaints here absolutely amazing

Date of visit: April 2019
raelenea2016, Owner at Lone Pine Smoke House, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2019

Thank you!