“Good food, very unfriendly staff!”
Review of Lone Star Bistro

Lone Star Bistro
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Lone Pine
Reviewed 31 July 2019

We have passed through Lone Pine several times and eaten at this cafe 3 times. Every single time the ladies that work there are so unfriendly, never smile or look at you. I was there last year twice and again this year but decided to pass it up on my way home from Tahoe. When customers feel like they are a big inconvenience to you, then they don't stay your customers. Kinda sad because this place is pretty charming.

Date of visit: July 2019
Write a reviewReviews (45)

Reviewed 2 February 2019 via mobile

On the look for a decent cup of coffee on a rainy day traveling southward, the Line Star was recommended as ‘our version of Starbucks’. The bistro looks nothing like Starbucks and offers a variety of foods and beverages, including ice cream. There are some chairs, the daily newspaper, free internet access, great service AND real coffee, like in very good tasting coffee. Overall an unexpected surprise along the road. Definitely a place to stop for when you are looking for a cup of coffee, a real ice cream (gelato), or quick bite.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed 9 October 2018

I enjoyed the veggie bagel sandwich I had here before heading to Alabama Hills. The also had a great selection of loose leaf teas.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

If you ever find yourself in Lone Pine California the best place to go for food and coffee is the lone star bistro. Free wifi, great espresso coffee like the make in NZ and good food selection. Also a wide range of stuff to buy

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 24 September 2018

After arriving at my motel it was to early for breakfast, so I strolled through the village and had a look for a cafe, that serves espresso.
So I found the Lone Star Bistro. My first impression was a bit confusion. Lot's of stuff like souvenirs and such thing to find at that place. But after I got attention at the counter I received a very good double espresso and gathered the last apple cinnamon scone.
There are some small tables and as they were not occupied I took a seat and read my e-Book. The lady from the counter was cleaning the floor and was approaching, so I asked her for a recommendation for dinner. She sent me to Seasons which was a good one. Thank you Ma'am!

Date of visit: September 2018