“Yummy”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner
Reviewed 20 September 2019

We have been to Lone Pine, CA but never had a meal. We had just finished a hiking trip and really wanted a good meal. Mt Whitney restaurant was great. Service was prompt and the burgers were good. They have lots of choices for a meal but the burger and fries were delightful. We also ordered dessert - ice cream and German chocolate cake great too!

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (501)

Reviewed 17 September 2019

We were in Lone Pine the previous year and was not impressed with the food options available. When we walked into Mt Whitney Restaurant our expectations were low. We waited about 15 minutes before someone noticed us. We finally received menus and drinks and then continued to wait some more. We thought about leaving however we had our drinks. We figured it would take a long time to pay for them so we decided to wait it out. Two of us were previous servers and one was a current bartender. It was difficult to witness the disorganization.

I am not sure if it was because our expectations were low, but when we finally got our food, we thoroughly enjoyed every bit. The breakfast had generous portions and everything was done to perfection.

Another night, since our breakfast was so good, we decided to go for dinner. We all ordered burgers. The burgers were good. I can't say it was the best burger I ever had; however, after a long hike it was pretty good. The server at night was calm, organized, and on top of everything. All her tables were full and we didn't have to wait for anything or ask twice.

The reason I am giving them a 5 is for the area, it was good.

If you have no patience or don't know how to extend grace, service will be hit or miss. Take your own personality into account if you decide to go.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed 26 August 2019 via mobile

Service good considering only two waiters in busy restaurant. Chili burger ok but over cooked and chili is not on burger but served in small ramekin, only 4 onion rings come with burger . Burger bun was good but fell apart when 1/2 halfway done with burger . Should have gone to the better reviewed restaurant around the corner Alabama cafe but it closed at 2.

1  Thank A6869MSlaurap
Reviewed 20 August 2019

It appeared to be closed as the open sign was off. But, a person walked out of the restaurant and I walked in. I stood at the counter trying to get someone to seat me. I waited and waited until I got someone's attention. I tried the buffalo burger with onion rings. The burger was good but not great. The table was somewhat clean. The place was convenient as I walked across the street from my hotel.

Reviewed 12 August 2019

We have tried other places in lone pine, but always go back to this place. Just real good food, prepared well and served by friendly wait staff. Lots of thins to choose from whether you want a burger or a steak. Good selection of beers too.