“Hometown friendly restaurant”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

If you're looking for a comfortable and relaxing place to enjoy a good reasonably priced meal, head to Mt Whitney restaurant. They serve elk, bison, beef, turkey and ostrich burgers as well as other hot dishes. The fries are crispy and delicious. Generous portions. Beer, wine and dessert menu. Alot of movie memorabilias on the wall for Western movie bluffs.

Date of visit: February 2018
Write a reviewReviews (501)

Reviewed 22 February 2018

We stopped in the Mt Whitney on a low-key Monday evening. While the movie/photo memorabilia all over the walls & restaurant was kinda cool, this place just felt like it needed a scrub-down and a carpet cleaning! That didn't stop us from ordering what turned out to be, some very so-so burgers. When the waitress delivered our food, she asked if we wanted any Thousand Island or sauces for the burgers. I quickly responded "no thank-you" before realizing the burgers we ordered didn't have ANY sauces. (I was kinda surprised at the burger quality when the exterior signs were touting "best burger in town"! Note to self: read the menu ....and trust the TA reviewers...not the restaurant signs!:)

Recommendations: Not the place for a burger...but a cool stop if you want to check out the memorabilia and enjoy beer in a bottle.

Reviewed 15 February 2018

This is a place where burgers are the stars of the menu. There are lots of options, and on a recent visit I got the Alabama Hills burger, with grilled mushrooms and jack cheese. It was a little on the dry side (I've had better luck with the burgers in past visits) but it was still tasty. I got a salad with it - you don't really expect anything fancy on a salad in Lone Pine and it was pretty basic but fresh. There's a fairly small but good selection of beer on tap, and I got a Ballast Point Sculpin IPA. The staff was very friendly and attentive, and the decor - with lots of photos of actors who have been in Westerns filmed in the area (heavy on John Wayne photos) - is fun and distinctive. This is one of a couple of restaurants in Lone Pine that I always return to when I'm in the area.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

Good place for quick bite either on way up to Mammoth or way home. Burgers are good so is the country fried steak. Salad is fresh - skip the veggies though.

Reviewed 28 January 2018

If I lived near this place I'd gain a stone every month. Massive tasty breakfasts, juicy steaks and lush salads. All served with a smile. What's not to like. Had my first breakfast steak here. Highly recommended.