“Lunch ”

Velvet Grill & Creamery
Ranked #2 of 8 Dessert in Lodi
Cuisines: American
Description: This was the best breakfast we had on the whole trip...AND they make homeade ice cream daily. Both traditional flavors and my favorite...velvety chocolate infused with cabernet wine. Skip IHOP and go here for breakfast! Very attentive staff. Owner wanted to check on our trip, how we found them, if we were happy with the food, and to give us samples of ice cream.
Reviewed 3 June 2016 via mobile

Left highway 99 for some lunch. Used an entertainment book coupon, which is how we picked it. Lunch was very good, and I would presume breakfast and dinner as well. Prices were reasonable and staff was pleasant. We would eat here again.

Reviewed 28 May 2016

There is absolutely no reason to go to this place. Tuna melt? First on squishy, not even warm white bread-it looked like half a sandwich cut in half. But no matter-more of garbage wouldn't be better. The tuna was cold-and where was the melt? Jack cheese supposed to be on it-when we inquired we were told cheese was extra-so they took off $1. Seriously!! It was advertised to have cheese. At almost $10 this was insane. I'll give credit-the potato salad was good and hubby's chili decent. Ice cream was mushy and I had no desire to taste what hubs said was nothing special. Go anywhere else-this is a total waste of time and money.

Reviewed 6 March 2016 via mobile

Small but busy little place, mostly if not all booth seating . Some crumbs & paper under table but other than that clean
Older decor but quaint
Fries & onion rings really good !
Stay crunchy throughout the meal
Crab tasted fresh, just needed some seasoning
Hubby had nothing bad to say re his dogs
They were good

Reviewed 21 December 2015

From the outside, this place doesn't look exciting. You can tell it is old, but when you sit down, the booths are well-maintained, clean and comfortable. We were there for dinner, but I ordered breakfast. All of our food was very good, the service was great, and the prices reasonable. We would happily go back if we were in the area!

Reviewed 11 September 2015

We were driving home to the Los Angeles area from Portland, traveling the 99 Freeway as there are more food and hotel options and we saw the Ice Cream billboard. I checked tripadvisor.com and realized we had already passed one Creamery but we were approaching Lodi. According to tripadvisor the restaurant closed at 9:00 p.m. and it was 8:30 p.m. and we were 15 minutes away. Fortunately on Saturday night they close at 10:00 p.m.

The restaurant is a diner and they do serve take-out ice cream. I saw recommendations to make sure to get the homemade bread and ice cream. I ordered a snow crab sandwich on homemade bread. The sandwich came with cheese and the crab was piled high like a restaurant in Maine. I had them warm the sandwich as I like the cheese melted. The french fries were crispy. The price was incredible for the quality of the food, $10.99.

Of course I topped the meal off with one child's size scoop of ice cream. It was rich and smooth.

Service was helpful. We will make sure to stop at any of the Velvet Grills the next time we are traveling Hwy 99.

Been to Velvet Grill & Creamery? Share your experiences!