“Luxury and relaxation”

The Purple Orchid Wine Country & Spa
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

This Inn is true gem. The setting is beautiful, with a lovely courtyard surrounded by olive trees. The owners, Derek and Rhiannon, could not have been more friendly or accomodating, make arrangements for winery tours or recommendations for dinner and golfing. The rooms are large, clean and cozy, and the gourmet breakfast each morning was amazing.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 September 2017

We got married here in September 2017 and had an incredible experience. The service , staff and food were amazing. The only reason for my not perfect review is beause of the rooms and rate. They are a bit highly priced for comparable amenities and room quality. Although, it does include a delicious breakfast and wine during the evening, we didn't really feel that the prices were a good deal for the room experience. But if you're looking for a beautiful venue for an intimate wedding, and are interested in having all events in one place, this is it. Not to mention that you get the amazing services of their wedding coordinator- Danelle. She's the best!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I were gifted a 2 night stay here for his 40th bday by his parents. It's called the purple orchid but I didn't really understand why this was the case it's not in a lush environment tropical it has more woodsy rustic lodge feel so that was odd. Check in consisted of signing many pages of waivers to assure we wouldn't steal anything or trash the room.....never have had to do this at any B&B. Upon entering the room,we immediately notice numerous stains on the carpet and an attic access door badly in need of repainting. The room itself feels more like a small apartment with lots of brass dated features and upon closer inspection we notice that there's dust on top of the dresser and the nightstand there's only one night stand on one side of the bed and not the other there was scuffs all over the walls and the bathroom fan was dirty just run down and general and kind of depressing my husband was not happy and wanted to let them know just because he thought that it would help if they knew that it wasn't cleaned properly and for the price that they were charging it was not really up to par so we showed the desk clerk and she didn't look surprised or embarrassed but and asked if we wanted to switch rooms later but we had dinner and a show to go to and it would be too late by the time we got back so she said they would clean the room while we were gone. When we pull down the bedding a bug was inside the covers ,further putting us off. The room doesnt have a fridge either so all the food that my mother-in-law packed for us to have for the trip had no where to stay cold nor was there convenient access to ice . We asked if we could use the main fridge the second day but did not have access to it .Apparently the owners were away on a trip and we weren't given any compensation or conciliatory gestures to make up for it all and the rest of the stuff for the next day-and-a-half seemed unaware of any of the issues we had had.
There were some redeeming qualities that saved it from being a total bust- the back area is really pretty and The Spa was amazing both of the treatments that we had were wonderful masseuse was incredible as was the esthetician . They have incredible bedding which I guess has been stolen in the past so they give information as to where to buy it and the robes are really nice as well . The in room jacuzzi was nice too -the shower ,not so much . The bathroom felt like something that would be in an apartment and there's just a lot of inconsistencies with the decorating of the rooms - the use of brass and silver hardware and it's just dated and rundown down in some and it's not kitschy enough to get away with being so mismatched..The cleanliness was the main issue though.I'm not expecting a five-star hotel but I have never had another bed and breakfast where I've found somebody disappointing things and we really wanted to love it. Also we had to fill out our breakfast choices and hand it in to the front desk and we wrote down the time we wanted it thinking that it would be delivered .The second time we even wrote down to be delivered and neither day was it delivered we had to go out and ask for it so that was an inconvenience as well. The food was tasty and plentiful so that's a plus. But again when I went to look at riding a bike they said they were going to charge me only $15 since I was a guest but I can't imagine who else would be using a bike except for guests and usually places don't charge to use bikes especially when there was no place to ride except the country road with zero visibility for cars and was not that bike friendly, so I came back after 20 minutes.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2017

It's the little things that make for a great experience, and the staff at the Purple Orchid delivered in a big way. My wife and I stopped for the night during our drive b/w Bainbridge Island, WA, and Ventura, CA. We had a lovely night - great room w/ super-comfy bed, a glass of wine by the pool, and a spacious balcony to watch the sunset. But the real magic happened the following day, when I couldn't find my car keys - kinda a necessary item when driving 1,500 miles. We spent several hours turning the place upside down and several members of the staff helped out immensely without us asking. The owner then volunteered to drive us to a GMC dealer to get a replacement key and his wife picked us up after the key was made. And no one complained or thought I was a total bonehead (other than my bride) when I found the missing keys in a side pocket of my pants that was twisted against my body. All things considered, the Purple Orchid is a remarkable place for accommodations and experience, and even more so thanks to the people who own it and work there.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bob S
Reviewed 22 May 2017

So close to home and yet you feel you are out in the middle of the wine country. The owners couldn't be nicer. They asked us a number of times if we needed anything. Very accommodating. Very friendly. The bed was very comfortable. We were served cheese and wine for happy hour. A wonderful, relaxing place to get away from it all.

Room Tip: I think they all may be nice.