“Average Food ”

The Buffett
Ranked #17 of 86 Restaurants in Lincoln
Price range: US$11 - US$32
Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

its an average Buffett resturant , not much varieties & food quality is ok .
no comparison with Buffets of Vegas hotels .

Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

First off, Merry Christmas to the staff and servers at Thunder Valley Buffet. We have enjoyed many breakfasts there, through the years. I have been informed that, on Wednesday, the seniors discounts on breakfast, will be discontinued. It truly was the last of the best senior breakfast deals left.

Now back to business, the Christmas Brunch was not worth the price because of the lack of knowledge to really provide a different menu than the regular breakfast. Some of the shrimp dishes, the shrimp was over cooked. Some of the dishes were in the warming trays too long. The buffet at Red Hawk offered lobster and crab dishes for five dollars more. One drawback though, you will have to wait in long line if you are not a high level card holder.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

We had a group of 10 people and had to wait 15 minutes to be seated, even after they said it would take only 5 minutes. We paid for the buffet individually, but some people in our group were not told that the gratuities would be added to the bill automatically. The food selection felt a little lacking, but the quality was good. Also, the server we had was great in making sure our table had drinks and told us when it was about to close.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

My Husband and I dined with Friends for our 33rd anniversary. The waitress brought us champagne glasses with our meal to help us celebrate.The Friday seafood is always good, but this was even better. there is so much variety and the place is always clean, never and issue. Thank you.

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

I've never been to Thunder Valley however before heading there I did some research. One of the features I looked at was The Buffet at Thunder Valley. This buffet has an Oktoberfest feature dinner from September 6 through October 26. However dinner starts at 3:00PM. That was a concern for me as I was taking a casino bus from the East Bay Area where the bus leaves back to East Bay Area at 3:30PM. I wasn't sure if I was going to eat at The Buffet if I was at Thunder Valley.

Last weekend on a Saturday I took a casino bus from Fremont to Thunder Valley. Once I arrived at Thunder Valley I was given a $12 dining voucher that I could use at any restaurants or food stand at Thunder Valley. So I decided to visit The Buffet. Saturday's brunch costs $11.99 so my voucher would cover the price of this meal. I was thinking about the Oktoberfest dinner at the back of my mind. The voucher would probably pay about 1/3 of dinner. So I was thinking about coming back to The Buffet just before 3PM to have quick dinner then I head to the bus before 3:30PM. Then I began to think about this dilemma. First I would rush my dinner and that wouldn't be a good thing. Second there's no guarantee that there would be a short line before 3:00PM as I might end up staying in line for 30 minutes or more. So I decided to take advantage of the $12 voucher for a free brunch instead of coming here for dinner.

I'm not so concerned so much about the layout of the buffet however this buffet is inviting. The décor and lighting inside made The Buffet appealing. Of all the Indian casino buffets The Buffet at Thunder Valley is the nicest I've ever been. The food itself wasn't outstanding however there were some outstanding items. I liked the fatty roast beef and wet scrambled eggs. The cheddar bratwurst was tasty while the rotisserie chicken was moist. The Jack Daniels wings had some flavor of its sauce. The only item I was disappointed was the salt and pepper tilapia. I felt that dish was flavorless.

The last time I used a voucher/ dining credit at a buffet was Le Village Buffet at Paris Las Vegas where I used $25 credit to apply for the $32 dinner. If I had to compare the two experience The Buffet at Thunder Valley wasn't better than Le Village Buffet at Paris Las Vegas. However I liked The Buffet at Thunder Valley especially when I didn't have to pay. So my review is based on a free meal. Is the brunch worth $11.99? I don't know. If you have an opportunity to have a free brunch buffet take advantage of it. In summary I can't complain about a free brunch.

Been to The Buffett? Share your experiences!