“Glad we stayed”
Review of Waffle Farm

Waffle Farm
Ranked #16 of 86 Restaurants in Lincoln
Reviewed 3 March 2017

We walked in and the place was nearly empty on a Saturday morning. It didn't seem like a good sign, and my husband and I debated leaving. We ended up ordering a plain and chocolate chip waffle and it was amazing!

Reviewed 20 February 2017

Servers attentive and correct. they will remember you from frequent visits. good senior menu. usually fast to seat except Sundays. Recommend you arrive early for breakfast on Sundays.

Reviewed 15 February 2017

Have had breakfast now several times here and it is just a great large floor plan of a place to eat at. Big place you can bring your friends. All the food is good but the many different kinds of Waffles you can get make this place special for breakfast. Any breakfast you can think about they seem to have with very fast and friendly service. They do lunch too with breakfast all day.

Reviewed 30 January 2017

I decided to try Waffle Farm last Saturday morning (01/28) since it would be a breakfast location on the way to work that my fiancé and I could meet at. Unfortunately, we both regret it and wish we went to another establishment for breakfast. We stood waiting to be seated for a couple of minutes, no big deal, they were not that busy but you could see the wait staff was rushing all over. Once we were seated, we ordered mimosas ($5) and they were quickly brought out. Scanning over the menu, they have all of the typical breakfast items that you would want. We sat, menus closed sipping our mostly juice mimosas, waiting to have our order taken. Finally our server came over and took our order, afterwards she greeted 2 other tables taking their order as well. Clearly she had her hands full. I did notice that most of the staff, when communicating with each other, did not speak English. I travel to other counties frequently so it didn’t bother me too much, but I thought it was very odd for them to be yelling across the restaurant in another language in Lincoln.

Our food came out in a matter of minutes! MINUTES! Which was a pleasant surprise, but that is where the disappointment really started.
My eggs benedict had a very odd taste and the hollandaise sauce lacked any flavor. The ‘country potatoes’ that came with the meal had no flavor at all and seemed to just be quickly boiled then sautéed to a mush. The ham, which was very thick, appealing to some I am sure, was very gamey. The plate itself was cold, and the food lukewarm at best. My fiancé ordered the meat scramble with a side of biscuits and gravy. Visually you could see that the cheese on the scramble was not even melted, his country potatoes were the same as mine, bland and mush. The biscuits and gravy… that was absolutely appalling. Between the both of us we had about 5 bites of this dish. It was cold, not even warm and had no flavor at all! As if they just opened a powder pack of gravy, added water and slopped it on top of a cold biscuit. Seeing is how this food came out in a matter of minutes, I don’t understand how every dish would be cold to lukewarm.
One would think the wait staff would stop by to inquire how things were, nope. Our bill was dropped off with our meal and we didn’t see any one until we walked to the register to pay. While we were paying, I noticed a server scooping the ‘gravy muck’ onto a biscuit. The gravy is kept in an electric counter top food warmer, and is scoped out as needed onto the plates. That further solidified my theory of a powder packet of gravy and water being mixed together.
Over all, I wouldn’t return but am happy that I at least gave them a shot...even though it wasn’t worth it.

Reviewed 26 January 2017

We did not care for the ambiance at the Waffle Farm. Service was OK but not great. Server did not to appear to be well trained and was prefunctory.

Been to Waffle Farm? Share your experiences!