US$218
US$183
Priceline
US$83
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssan diegoate at the steakhousevalley viewgreat casinowindy roadnon smoking sectionloosest slotssage restaurantresort casinokeurig coffee makerpoker roomnice resortseparate showercasino floorcasino staffshort drivetwo night stay
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Hotel was nice; clean rooms; keurig coffee maker; in room safe; separate shower (and tub). Restaurant food was good (but, service was very slow/poor).

Casino - NO alcoholic drinks available (for free OR purchase). This is a major problem with the casino!

Casino and restaurant issues kept this from being rated a 4.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joseph S
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

We went to go to the buffet to celebrate my birthday, the price had been raised from about $30 to $45 ( even with the club card) from the last time we were there...( 2 months ago)
they're doing new construction on the casino so I suppose that is to finance the construction.
So instead of the buffet we went to the Sage 24-hour restaurant in the casino. I had the salmon and green beans and mashed potatoes, With wedge salad and rolls for $17. The salmon and beans were good, mashed potatoes fair...Her Ladyship had the mid-eastern dish (kabob) with steak, chicken and lamb. The lamb was inedible, very gristly and tough... our other friend had fish and chips, which she said was alright.
We had looked forward to eating at the buffet, but at a price of $45 per person, you can find many other places to eat in the San Diego area for much better and less expensive...

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank the_expediter
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Barona is a well maintained casino with many gaming tables. They even have a section set aside for non smoking.
The buffet is well worth it. On Wednesday they had steamed and fried lobster tails on the menu. They have many stations from which to choose and the food is well prepared.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank lubomyray
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Barona is one of the friendliest casinos we've been too. They treat everyone like they're being comped and has the best casino buffet for the price that we've ever come across. Good parking and fairly easy access.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Marpro
Reviewed 17 August 2017

I use a casino as entertainment and vacation destination. I am not a big money player but do enjoy slots and card games. I like comps for my play. I do not like the big properties on the Vegas strip as my walking is limited. I go several times per year. Barona is the best casino I have ever stayed at. Why?

This was a three day stay for the first time. I was comped for all three plus some food. They provide electric carts free of charge which gave me access to the entire casino. This was a big perk. Their cafe food was above average and service was good. The steak house and Italian was good to very good. The food court/grill area Mexican food was outstanding. I did not do it, but they will bring your food into the casino on a little table. I could not do spaghetti and blackjack. Dealers, pit boss, valet, and bell desk all called me by first name. Employees liked working there. Everyone happy. From time to time, they gave out cash to slot players at random. Good tasting coffee at the hotel desk area. Fast room service. Too much food, split the sandwiches.
This place was really fun. Good communication with casino hostesses both named Jessica. They followed thru on all discussions. Thanks.

And no, I don't have any association with this casino. Never been there before this trip.

Room Tip: golf course view
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple