“Breakfast with Friends”

Jolanda's Cafe & Catering
Ranked #121 of 302 Restaurants in Lake Forest
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 4 January 2017

Went to breakfast with friends and everyone had a good time. It was nice that Jolanda's was able to accommodate our large group. The staff was very friendly and service was good. Good choices , with good sized servings.

Reviewed 19 June 2015

Food is good...croissants are the best...however, getting waited on is another story. Service is dreadful. And trying to get a refill of coffee is near impossible. If you have no place you need to be anytime soon and are very patient, this is the place for you!

Reviewed 5 January 2015

I love this restaurant! Great place that has amazing breakfast and coffee! I can never get enough of their breakfast burrito! The service is never lacking considering how busy it always is!

Reviewed 21 July 2013

We took our seniors out to breakfast to Jolanda's. She caters our Friday lunches each week. Her croissants are buttery and flaky. If you need a large order of sandwiches this is the place to order them. She cuts them in half for us and the halves are generous enough to serve one. There are the typical roast beef and ham, but the favorites are the chicken tarragon and the seafood salads (of course on a croissant). I thought the gang would get a kick out of seeing where these delights are made so it became an obvious choice for a breakfast outing. We enjoy sitting at a large communal table, making new friends. They have a yummy ham and Swiss breakfast sandwich plus all the usual favorites. There's a little outdoor seating on the sidewalk.

Reviewed 17 February 2013

There were many factors that made me very skeptical about this place-the name: Jolanda's Café and Catering. it doesn't sound welcoming. Secondly, finding out that this wasn't really a French café although there's an Eiffel tower on the coupon that brought us in. Lastly, seeing a lot of "older" people (one of which almost snatched our table while we were being seated). From the start, I knew I wasn't going to like it.

Then the food came.

I ordered the Metro Scramble with a croissant. Everything was awesome! the scramble had chunks or home potatoes, green onions, sausage and bacon. But not just little pieces of bacon--they had BIG pieces of bacon. That was a huge plus.

The croissant was also very good. I was surprised when I picked it up because it was heavy-usually croissants are light and fluffy but this one had substance. It was warm, it was crunchy on the outside and nice and soft on the inside. I spread marmalade on some of the pieces and I was in Paris all over again.

My wife had the French toast. the French toast here were two pieces of croissants dipped in batter. I mentioned how good the croissant was above now imagine them as French toast.

Needless to say, I would come back and try something else.