“lunch with our grandchild”
Review of Bru Grill & Market

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rockfield
Reviewed 4 April 2018

We loved it. Granddaughter had hamburger and garlic fries, loved them. We had more interesting dishes. Service, food and prices very good. Will definitely go again.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Saturday Brunch?! Went in for lunch and had a delicious brunch. No idea Brunch was on Saturday, but it was delicious! They bring you the most scrumptious muffins to start. Could have eaten nothing but the muffins. Had the Mushroom Quiche....yummy! Small, probably made in a popover pan, but tasty. It was served with fruit and of course...more muffins. We had the bottomless Mimosas which had a twist on the presentation....the orange or cranberry juice was served in a small carafe and the champagne was in the glass. The cranberry was a nice "change it up" touch and we appreciated the "non-mixed" version so you had command of the amount of each component. The wait staff was Wonderful!! They did not rush us, checked in with us and was not hard to find when we needed something. All and all an extremely pleasant, wonderful experience.

1  Thank OCMozzie
Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

We love Bru’s Happy Hour. The flat breads are awesome, especially with the figs. Plenty of TVs in the bar. Beer selection is very diverse, with many local/Cal options. We have had dinner there too and like the seating further in. Service at dinner was excellent too.

Reviewed 8 December 2017

Seven of us got together for a birthday brunch at Bru Grill & Market. What a disappointment! You walk in through the bar, which is kind of strange. The restaurant itself is like a couple of huge rooms with lots of tables. It was very noisy. We could hardly carry on a conversation.

We were going to have cake and ice cream at home afterwards; so I didn't want to order anything sweet. Nothing else sounded appealing. I ordered the Margarita flat bread. Yuck! How can you mess that up? Only two of our group liked what they ordered. One of us even had an upset stomach after brunch.

We did like the drinks. I had a mango/champagne cocktail, which was very good. I also liked the muffins they served before our meals were brought.

When I made the reservation, they asked me if we were celebrating anything special. I told them one of us was having a birthday; and they asked me for the name of the person celebrating the birthday. When we got there, the receptionist asked me to point out who was the person with the birthday. After our meal, our waitress brought a cake and ice cream plate. We all shared the dessert. It was very good.

I would not recommend the restaurant for brunch. Maybe try it for dinner. Other reviewers seemed to like the food. I don't think I'll be back.

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

We have been to Bru many, many times. We usually go for the burgers which are outstanding, although there are other food has always been very good as well.

We started with the shrimp ceviche which is served with tortilla chips. I think the chips are made in house. Their ceviche is great! There were slices of avocado on top of the ceviche at one end of the dish. That turned out to be a great way to serve it as one of the people in our party is allergic to avocado and they just ate from the other end of the plate. So that really worked for us.

Last night I chose to get their fish special which was Ono over orzo. I asked if they could substitute mashed potatoes instead of the orzo and there was no problem with that. The fish was beautifully grilled over wonderful mashed potatoes and surrounded by a delicious lobster sauce. It was an excellent meal.

Our servers name was Alec and he was terrific. He was attentive, not hovering and didn't disappear. Friday nights are very busy at Bru and he gave us very good service.

Bru has become our go to restaurant when we want to eat out. It's close to home, prices are reasonable, has a good beer list, wine isn't terribly expensive, good service, and great food.