“Disappointed in Brunch”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rockfield
Reviewed 8 December 2017

Seven of us got together for a birthday brunch at Bru Grill & Market. What a disappointment! You walk in through the bar, which is kind of strange. The restaurant itself is like a couple of huge rooms with lots of tables. It was very noisy. We could hardly carry on a conversation.

We were going to have cake and ice cream at home afterwards; so I didn't want to order anything sweet. Nothing else sounded appealing. I ordered the Margarita flat bread. Yuck! How can you mess that up? Only two of our group liked what they ordered. One of us even had an upset stomach after brunch.

We did like the drinks. I had a mango/champagne cocktail, which was very good. I also liked the muffins they served before our meals were brought.

When I made the reservation, they asked me if we were celebrating anything special. I told them one of us was having a birthday; and they asked me for the name of the person celebrating the birthday. When we got there, the receptionist asked me to point out who was the person with the birthday. After our meal, our waitress brought a cake and ice cream plate. We all shared the dessert. It was very good.

I would not recommend the restaurant for brunch. Maybe try it for dinner. Other reviewers seemed to like the food. I don't think I'll be back.

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

We have been to Bru many, many times. We usually go for the burgers which are outstanding, although there are other food has always been very good as well.

We started with the shrimp ceviche which is served with tortilla chips. I think the chips are made in house. Their ceviche is great! There were slices of avocado on top of the ceviche at one end of the dish. That turned out to be a great way to serve it as one of the people in our party is allergic to avocado and they just ate from the other end of the plate. So that really worked for us.

Last night I chose to get their fish special which was Ono over orzo. I asked if they could substitute mashed potatoes instead of the orzo and there was no problem with that. The fish was beautifully grilled over wonderful mashed potatoes and surrounded by a delicious lobster sauce. It was an excellent meal.

Our servers name was Alec and he was terrific. He was attentive, not hovering and didn't disappear. Friday nights are very busy at Bru and he gave us very good service.

Bru has become our go to restaurant when we want to eat out. It's close to home, prices are reasonable, has a good beer list, wine isn't terribly expensive, good service, and great food.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Five of us went on a Monday for an early dinner. Since we had our dog with us we sat that outside on the patio. It was very comfortable and very quiet. The waiter was very informative and helpful. We all chose different dishes and we're very pleased. They have a specialty that is supposedly some kind of a pretzel with different kinds of mustard. I would pass that up because it's just toasted bread.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

Went with family here visiting from Texas and everyone was very pleased.
We had Sunday Brunch and really enjoyed it.

Reviewed 15 July 2017

WoW! We were actually asked to leave by the owner of BRU cuz we said our ribs had no meat on them. We go there often and the only thing we complained about was the steak tips. NEVER has he taken care of our bill as we would not except him too. Tonight was the most humiliating and awful experience. I left in tears as he told us to leave.. REALLY over RIBS? or not cooking food as it should be?? Its a god place BUT DO NOT COMPLAIN about anything. WE will never return due to the owners aggressiveness and hostility to us and our 2 YO grandbaby. UGH!!!

2  Thank Tiffany C