All reviews lake arrowhead resort and spa private beach front desk manager mountain view common areas main lobby hotel lobby fitness center big bear southern california get away fire pit walking distance to the village took advantage pine trees grocery store bin
Reviewed 11 October 2018

Took my in-laws here for a getaway, as my Father in law is in his 90's. The staff was very accommodating and went out of it's way to make their stay special. My wife and I were also pleased. We took advantage of the spa and everything was enjoyable. I wish Marriott would come in and update property has some items have become run-down. Bathroom shower fixtures loose, and general maintenance on things. In the staffs defense, it is really the nicest place to stay in Lake Arrowhead and always seems busy. The problem is a corporate one of not hiring more maintenance staff.

Room tip: Ask for a lake view room.
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank K7664STpeterk
AllisonK1338, Manager at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2018

Thank you Peter K! We are so delighted that you and your in-laws enjoyed your stay! Such a pretty time of year to visit Lake Arrowhead, agree? I have noted your comments regarding maintenance and so appreciate the heads-up. We will be passing this along to our Maintenace team. Hoping to see you and your family back again soon.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

The staff are the MOST accommodating, and friendly that make this location a 5 Star hotel and resort.
Nicholas greeted us at the front desk, helped find the right room, gave us directions and recommendations for local hiking and he couldn’t have been nicer.
I don’t give positive reviews away unless they’re earned. He and others like him.....were just the coolest people that happen to be all in this location.
On top of this, this is the nicest Marriott Hotel we have ever stayed at. It’s in the Autograph collection and will pick this resort for Lake Arrowhead every time from here on out.
Beautiful location, right in the lake, trees, and has the Lake Tahoe feel with the high end, classy resort feel. Snooty?.....nope. Not at all. Classy, high end furnishings, awesome employees, gorgeous views. Reasonably priced.
Thankyou Nicholas, and Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa. You made this weekend trip for my woman and I. Your really made a impression

Room tip: Lake view every time
Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Idbrn4u
AllisonK1338, Marketing at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Thank you so much for the kind words! We were thrilled to welcome you and very happy you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you back in the fall as the weather is gorgeous. Come back and see us soon!

Very happy to pass along your nice comments to Nicholas.

Reviewed 4 September 2018

This property continues to be a major disappointment, I've been here multiple times, returning only because it is the sole "major" resort in beautiful Lake Arrowhead, but it continues to be a uniquely poorly run property. They have been through countless general managers, each seems to offer less dedication to excellence than the one before. Marriott should wake management up, or cut loose with the franchise, especially as an Autograph property, someone at Triple A is getting something special to keep awarding what is at best a two diamond resort, four diamonds. Lobby is still holding up, rooms not so much, food ranges from eh to every so often being decent, the gym had a sign in front of it in June bragging about all new equipment being installed in July, on most recent visit (September!) no new equipment, they just took the sign down, lol. To be fair, some staff is nice, though the front desk needs organization, bottom line, this place is screaming for dynamic management. Charles and Michael in bell/valet work hard and are great assets (either might make a better general manager). I hear that the "owners" just don't care, that it's all a tax write off, which rarely makes sense, in this case, maybe I believe it. At this point, this "resort" might inspire you to go bed and breakfast, or Airbnb. I rarely give less than 5 star reviews, as can be seen in my profile, but this place inspired me to offer a serious critique. I generously rounded up 1.5 stars to 2 stars.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank boraroma
Allison K, Marketing at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2018

Thank you for this well thought out review. While it is hard to hear that we missed the mark during your stay we are so grateful you have pointed out a few areas that we need to improve. Note that we are working hard to address all of the areas you mentioned and am certain you will see a change over the coming months!

The gym equipment was expected this summer and we are disappointed that the shipment has been delayed but hopefully will arrive very soon. You are so nice to single out Charles and Michael whom we have shared your nice comments!

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

Clearly this hotel has cornered the Lake Arrowhead market and has little competition. We read the reviews, on Trip advisor and Marriott, so we knew we were taking a chance with our points. Well, like others have noted this is not an exceptional property and the management is clearly lacking. Upon checking there was very limited platinum recognition, in fact we were told we could only have free breakfast for one night? This has never happened to us as platinum guests at an SPG or Marriott property. We asked about an upgrade as they placed us a room with a parking lot view and were told there was nothing they could do about it....and we checked in before 4 pm (ie this was not a late night checkin). Rooms are just ok, pretty dated and worn. A curtain for a closet door? In this hotel category? A bit insulting. But the real kicker was when we opened the bedding for the sofa bed there was 6 pillowcases and zero sheets...what am I supposed to do with that? After calling I was assured the sheets would be right up, but I’m writing this review as I continue to wait for those sheets to arrive after my children’s bed time..... Overall, not a great way to spend 35k points a night but I guess they can get away with the terrible service and quality of hotel since there is no competition here.....

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank 693jaclync
Allison K, Marketing at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Thank you Jaclyn for your thoughts. It seems that we did not exceed or even meet your expectations. We take our guest comments very seriously and will be reviewing yours with the entire Executive Committee, Especially Housekeeping and Front Desk. We hope you will give us another chance soon as fall is so gorgeous at Lake Arrowhead!

Reviewed 29 August 2018

There's a lot to love about this resort and just a few things I'd like to see improved.

The private lake beach is a dream. Nothing better than sitting in Adirondack chairs with our feet in the water while watching the kids splash around. We rented double kayaks and thoroughly enjoyed our tour with Boris, which included a stop at a private island with a view.

Weekend evening s'mores at the firepit and movies by the pool (Moana and Madagascar when we were there) were ideal ways to spend the evenings with our kids.

While there isn't full wait service at the pool, we took advantage of a BBQ grill and a snowcone stand.

The restaurant was very good and had gorgeous lakeside views from the patio. Get the flight of wine - it's fun!

It's a short walk to the village.

I liked that I could grab a latte in the lobby in the convenience store, which seemed to be open for very long hours and was helpful for picking up bottled water etc.

The room was pretty small for 4 people, but doable. I didn't love the sliding bathroom door that never properly closed. Mama needs more privacy than that. Also, even though there was obviously a whole family in our room, housekeeping kept bringing us only 2 towels (though they brought more right away when I called).

I would definitely stay there again, but would be more inclined to return sooner if I could find a deal on a larger room or suite.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Allison K, Marketing at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Thank you so much for this thorough recap of your stay. So delighted you and your family enjoyed your vacation. You absolutely can get a bigger room or perhaps two rooms that connect? Completely understand the need for a little privacy! Keep an eye out for upcoming specials and promotions so you can take advantage of the best rates by booking through our website or by calling. Hope to see you soon!