Lowest prices for your stay
US$197
Free cancellation until 11/02/23
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$197
Free cancellation until 11/02/23
Vio.com
US$194
PricelineUS$197
Hotels.comUS$197
AlgotelsUS$206
All reviews fresh baked cookies order omelettes beautiful hotel orange county comfortable room every morning included breakfast freeway california
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 August 2022

My Fiancee and I stayed 2 nights at the Ayres Laguna Woods 8/26-8/28 room 123.
Housekeeping is frequently The floors were absolutely filthy! Unfortunately, we neglected to pack our slippers. I have attached photos of our feet 30 min after showering and walking around only inside the room. In addition, a photo of a washcloth with only a small amount of water dampening the cloth. The floors had obviously not been mopped in a very LONG TIME. In addition, the Mattress was broken down, the box springs squeeked loudly at the slightest movement.
I must state that it was difficult for me to write this review as I have worked in the Hospitality and more specifically the Hotel/Resort industry for many years. Even more specifically I have worked within and lead the Rooms Divisions of multiple Hotel Brands and Regions. I always over look the small stuff as Housekeeping can be a thankless and under appreciated element of a Guests stay. I attempted to speak with a Manager upon our departure Sunday morning but was informed that no Manager was available for me to speak with. I typically don't write reviews, particularly negative one's but in this case I had to make an exception and can not in good faith recommend this Hotel.

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 386stanleye
Reviewed 9 August 2022

This is the fourth year I've stayed at Ayres Laguna Woods in the last six years. Every year it is great, but this year, it was exceptional. The beds were super comfortable, the rooms clean. The hot tub, while the temperature could have been a few degrees hotter, was a godsend because I injured myself at work last year
week. The fact that it is open till 10pm is a big plus. Still gives us the option after a long day out. The included breakfast - stellar this year. I miss the make your own belgian waffles with the excellent strawberry sauce you used to make for it, but this year, the addition of made to order omelettes in addition to made to order eggs were excellent. The male cook - besides how efficiently her works, what a great smile and personality and welcoming way about him! All the staff there cooking, serving are great truly but he stood out. The return of the social hour, which we were only able to go to once because of our activities was excellent. We thought some chips and stuff. What a shock to find wine, pizza, a big assorted salad, fresh baked cookies and sodas! All complimentary. Besides everything mentioned, we've always loved the size and European style decor of this place. Having breakfast outside in front of the fountain every morning, laying in that same area in the evening by the pool enjoying the cooler air, the beautiful decor everywhere..... we truly had an exceptional visit and have recommended it to our friends!

Date of stay: August 2022
Reviewed 3 June 2022 via mobile

Not great for business trips, slow wifi and very thin walls, couldn’t sleep well due to neighbors behind the wall. There’s better options out there. Not very trustworthy staff as well, not to name names. I wouldn’t allow for daily room clean here from now on.

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
General Manager, Owner at Ayres Hotel Laguna Woods, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2022

Dear Malinka,

Thank you for writing a review based on your recent stay! I would like to extend my sincere apology for any inconvenience you encountered regarding the service you received from our team and the surrounding noise. If you are ever experiencing any issues throughout your time with us, please let our team know as we strive to provide the most exceptional experiences. It would be a pleasure to have the chance to welcome you back for the 5-star accommodations you are most familiar with the next time you're in the area.

Marilin Fabian

Reviewed 1 January 2022 via mobile

This hotel very sneakily charges 125 dollars
Per night for a pet! Most places charge 10 or 20 so it was shocking to be charged so much for one night. It’s misleading because the hotel site notes that there is a deposit of 125 security charge so it’s
Confusing that is in addition to the 125 dollar non refundable fee. I would never ever ever recommend s this hotel to anyone.

Room tip: Don’t stay here
Date of stay: January 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank LoriW_10
Marilin Fabian, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Laguna Woods, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2022

Dear LoriW_10,

Thank you very much for your candid review of Ayres Hotel Laguna Woods. I am very sorry that your stay with us was unsatisfactory.

We try very hard to respect the needs of all of our guests to ensure they will have a comfortable stay.

Our Pet Fee is competitive to other Hotels pet fee in this area. We are also located within walking distance to two pet boarding facilities who's charges are between $40 - $75 per day. When you visit our website under useful information it mentions our Pet Fee is $125.00 Non-Refundable Per Stay. It also shows our Incidental Deposit Policy and other information.

I show our front office team offered to waved the cancellation penalty if you wanted to cancel without a charge before checking you in.

Again, thank you for your review and my sincere apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

Reviewed 10 August 2021

Comfortable room, bed and shower. Lovely location in a neighborhood where my husband could run. Breakfast buffet was excellent and egg items could be made to order. Staff very friendly and helpful. Quiet, spacious rooms.

Date of stay: August 2021