“Great PEI Mussels and Alaskan Halibut!”
Review of King's Fish House

King's Fish House
Reserve with OpenTable
King's Fish House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 103 Restaurants in Laguna Hills
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 9 June 2017

First time at King's. Wife and I had dinner to celebrate my birthday. We had some wine to start. My wife had Macadamia Nut Crusted Halibut with fries and glazed carrots all of which she loved. For an appetizer I had sauteed PEI mussels which were excellent. My main course was a small whole lobster. The claw meet was excellent and tender; the tail not so much. My sides were glazed carrots and fresh corn, both of which were excellent. Our server, Claire, and all her associates were friendly, efficient and worked as a team. We very much enjoyed our evening!

Reviewed 5 June 2017

My daughter just moved into this neighborhood so we were looking for a nice fish house to celebrate her husbands birthday. This is a nice looking restaurant with plenty of wall and hanging decorations to tell you what it serves. Being from Connecticut and living on sea food we were licking our chops looking at the menu. The place was really quiet because we were there at three in the afternoon. (one of the grandsons had to be at work at five). Our waitress was there as soon as we sat down with a smile and to answer any questions. We got our drinks and gave our order. My wife ordered the Halibut @ $26.50, my daughter and I ordered the Crab Cakes @ $15.50, one grandson ordered a Chicken Salad @ $15.75, the other ordered a Lobster Roll @ $25.75 and a bowl of Clam Chowder @ $9.95. My Son-in Law ordered a bowl of Clam Chowder @ $9.95 and a whole Live 1 1/4 lb Lobster @ $31.75 (it was his birthday). We were surprised at how long it took for our food to arrive seeing as the restaurant was empty. We were kidding that the cook probably went out for lunch. My dinner was two small 2'' crab cakes with some French Fries. I was hoping there would be chunks of crab in it. I was wrong. It looked like tasteless tuna fish in a hard cake. My daughter's was so bad she only ate one of the cakes. My wife's fish was tasteless and she thought it had been frozen. The chicken in the salad was dry and so was the lobster in the lobster roll. The son-in laws whole lobster was also dry. They both asked for more melted butter to off set the dryness.We mention this to the manager when he stopped by and he apologized but by that time we were getting ready to leave. He said we should have mentioned it earlier. We had the feeling that because we were there at three we were served what was left over at lunch. Or the dishes were left under the heating lights waiting to be picked up. What ever the problem we will write this fish house off our list of places to eat.

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

Took my folks for lunch on a Sunday! No over crowds or loud. Celebrating moms 82 birthday and fathers Day ! The yellowtail carpaccio is simple out of this world, oyster sample fresh , cippiano had lots of shrimp and crab and sauce is drinkable! Sushi selections just as good as the fresh fish selections. Nice bar and wines too!

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

I had been going to this restaurant for countless years. Hadn't been there in the last three and wanted to see if it had changed. No! It's better (if that's possible). Amanda was the best server and the sushi, Ono and sand dabs were fantastic! Oh the sautéed spinach, garlic mashed potatoes and mac cheese were so tasty. Why this restaurant wasn't packed on a Monday night is beyond me. Fresh fish done right.

1  Thank Passeridae
Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

We tried this place out to see if we wanted to celebrate our anniversary there. The poke was truly missing a good dash of sesame oil. I LOVE scallops, but mine were raw and tasted old.