“A delight for the senses”
Review of Break of Dawn

Break of Dawn
Ranked #9 of 116 Restaurants in Laguna Hills
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 28 August 2018

My friend and I went here for brunch the other day. Online the site says that they are closed on a saturday, but it was open. There were at least 20 items on a very creative brunch menu. Some things were more lunch-like, and some were breakfast like. My friend was intrigued and had the tempura eggs. Somehow they got eggs to be soft boiled, then dipped in tempura batter, deep friend, and it was thoroughly cooked and crispy, yet still had a slight runny yolk. Very hard to do I would imagine. It was served with a wonderful pork belly and slaw. I am on a keto diet right now, so no carbs other than veggies, and I am allergic also to dairy. I was able to order a vegetable/tomato based stew served in an individual cast iron skillet with egg on top. Fantastic. I saw lots of interesting things like a variation on an eggs benedict with a crab sauce (crawfish?) and a tower of something with salmon. Everything had a slight vietnamese flair, and was very tasty. Will tell my family and definitely go back.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Off the beaten path inside a strip mall. Creative tasty menu, but price point a bit high for location and food offerings. Friendly and efficient staff.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

Nice place, great, fresh food, but.. worst service my family experienced in the US in two weeks. Owners notice - if the venue is half full, the guests should not have to walk to find a waiter to take their order or ask for catsup. Its not Burger King, and our 50 buck breakfast (3 dish/1tea) warrants slightly more than snarling service, when it does appear. Cooks are awesome, they deserve better from the front house. Super sweet old dude who seats the guests deserves better too.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

The food was nicely presented and the service was competent. We arrived around 1245. After looking at our menus for five or ten minutes we were told the kitchen will close in five minutes. We order corned beef hash and a scallop omelette.
We asked that the corned beef be cooked well not knowing the corned beef was served in small chunks.
There were three scallops in my scallop omelette.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

My brother who lives in Laguna Woods took us here for breakfast. I love when I find a restaurant I know nothing about and it exceeds all expectations. I had the mac & Cheese Breakfast and my son had the potato skillet so we could share. The potato skillet was incredible and the mac & cheese very good. Freshly squeezed carrot juice was a treat. I will be back!!