“Food tastes like home!!!”

Eva's Caribbean Kitchen
Ranked #64 of 177 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

Everything was delicious, down to the fresh bread they serve. Service was fast. Eva was awesome. She greeted us at our table and offered great suggestions for food and drinks. Best place we've eaten at since visiting Dana point. Will definitely be going back before we leave. My boyfriend is from St. Vincent and said the food tasted like food from home! Recommend the cajun prawns and the west indian curried snapper.

Reviewed 1 May 2017

This restaurant is an incredibly fun and delicious experience. Eva is there - upbeat and in charge with her hand in everything. A great eggplant appetizer was shared around. Try the flight of Rums for the experience of tasting the best of the Caribbean. (Our enthusiasm was rewarded with generous pours and warm attention from Eva, but in truth, that seem to be the routine at all the tables. To be fair, there are only a dozen or so tables. The food was prepared excellently - from lightly spiced to Caribbean hot dishes.

Reviewed 13 March 2017

One thing I miss about the East Coast was the ease of getting to Antigua, Barbados - any island - dinner here helps a lot! Interesting dishes, well served in a true island atmosphere

Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

Eva's is a must when in Laguna Beach. A must. Especially if you cherish an intimate dining atmosphere and exceptional meals. The dining room is small (make a reservation) and full of character. Eva is available to recommend a dish to your pallet, whether seafood or meat, and to the spiciness that you prefer. I even eaten here over a dozen times now (my in-laws live nearby). Every time I've come away blown away by the party in my mouth! 477 different rums! I'm sure there's one to suit you. Go. Enjoy. You're welcome.

Reviewed 19 February 2017

We were really excited to have dinner here because of all of the great reviews. I am so confused about the great reviews because this place is terrible. It seemed when we first entered that the owner, Eva, did not want to serve us as if she was doing us a favor. She said they were booked but we sat there for over an hour and there were hardly anyone in the restaurant. There were a lot of excuses and it felt very uncomfortable from the beginning. Once we finally got seated and ordered, expecting that the food will be so worth it, we were shocked at how awful the food tasted when we finally ate. All the sides with the entrees had no flavor and the fish was way too spicy - no balance. The soup dish was super salty and oily. Eva suggested an entree that was served completely different then she described. Everything was off. I wish we could say something was good about this restaurant but it was a BIG disappointment. I could not wait to leave this place as it was the worst restaurant experience that I have ever had from beginning to end.