1,555 results
All reviews reef building ocean front surf wing deck restaurant driftwood kitchen oceanfront room lounge chairs sound of the waves high tide upon check the entire staff shops and restaurants grocery store valet balcony beach laguna
Reviewed 2 June 2016

I go here 2-3 times per year just to get away...to rest, relax and reboot. The staff, Brian & James, are the best! They are courteous, helpful and accommodating to my needs. Always a wonderful and enjoyable place.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Thomas L, Manager at Pacific Edge Hotel on Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2016

I'm really excited we've been a place of rejuvenation and rest for you, Bob. It's wonderful to hear Brian and James have been able to take great care of you, too, and I hope you know we'll always be around when you need a break.

Reviewed 2 June 2016

Lovely beach front hotel, we stayed in an ocean view double room. The room wasn't very spacious but the view and sound of the ocean in the morning made it all up. The beds were quite comfortable so we woke up all rested. Great breakfast though.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank 21Kasia

I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, Kasia! There's nothing like taking in a beautiful beach view while enjoying your morning coffee, and I'm thrilled you got to experience that while you were here. Hope we'll see you again sometime!

Reviewed 1 June 2016

Loved the beach balcony - slept with the sliding door open and listened to the ocean all night!! The room was nice, and adequate for 3 women. The staff was really nice -- brought us an extra chair for the deck very quickly. We didn't use much at the hotel as we only stayed one night but I would recommend the ocean view room for sure!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Thomas L, Manager at Pacific Edge Hotel on Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2016

I'm so happy you found the waves to be so soothing, Jamie! There really is nothing more relaxing than listening to the ocean in my opinion, and I'm glad you and your friends got the chance to enjoy that while you were with us. We hope to see you for a longer visit next time!

Reviewed 1 June 2016 via mobile

This hotel is nothing like it looks on their website. It's the size of a small college dorm room with stains everywhere and very outdated amenities. Room has a weird smell and offers very little privacy. They also charge you $30 a night just to park your car at this crappy place.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank BrittanyAMR
Thomas L, Manager at Pacific Edge Hotel on Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2016

I'm so sorry you weren't happy with your room, Brittany. We always want you to feel comfortable when staying with us, and I'm very disappointed that wasn't the case for you. As far as our parking situation goes, we're required to offer valet because of the limited space in Laguna Beach. That said, we try to offset this cost by not charging resort fees, and we always make sure to explain parking to our guests. Still, I'm sorry you felt it wasn't worth the cost. I'd love another chance to impress you if you're ever visiting Laguna Beach again, though, and I wish you all the best.

Take care,

Reviewed 31 May 2016

The Pacific Edge Hotel is an eclectic grouping of several previously owned hotel buildings. The best for your money are the Reef and Surf high rises with oceanfront rooms. We had an ocean front on the top floor and the view was priceless. If you don't want oceanfront, then you will be facing the pool, street or parking lot. Our room was recently renovated with a nice bar with microwave, coffee maker, courtesy bar and fridge. The bathroom was small, with shower, toilet, single sink, granite countertop and tiled, glass enclosed shower.
King bed had a light duvet, perfect for the cool spell when we were there.
The staff were exceptional..Sylvia in housekeeping; Brian and Kate on the Front Desk.
The outside of the buildings could use a fresh coat of paint and that is the only reason I am not giving it an "excellent".
The two restaurants located on the property, The Deck and Driftwood Kitchen, are fabulous. We tried room service one morning..on time, food was hot, and staff so friendly.
We will stay here again. Great value for the money.

Room tip: Ask for oceanfront, high rooms. Well worth it.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Karen B
Thomas L, Manager at Pacific Edge Hotel on Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2016

I'm completely thrilled by how much you enjoyed your time with us, Karen! We put a lot of work into renovating those rooms, so it's especially wonderful to hear you appreciated those details. I'm also pleased our team at the hotel as well as our restaurants could take such great care of you, and I will certainly make sure Sylvia, Brian, and Kate know you mentioned them by name. We all look forward to your next trip to Laguna Beach!

Take care,