“God spot on the main drag of Laguna Beach”

Watermarc Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Watermarc Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 179 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Laguna Avenue
Reviewed 11 November 2017

As the number one pick on TA was booked out tried this instead. The service was friendly and efficient. We all had the taco's of the day, crispy fish, good presentation and tasty. Downed with a pleasant IPA from Racer. Good value and can recommend.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

I have been visiting Watermarc since it opened over 10 years ago and have never been disappointed. As a resident of Laguna Beach, I get lots of visitors and it's my "go to" place because there's something for everybody. The food is excellent, the service is great and the atmosphere is upbeat and friendly. You won't be dissapointed.

2  Thank cherifeather
Reviewed 5 November 2017

The food used to be wonderful and it was just average, and really expensive. We had to send some food back and we were just really disappointed as we have had great meals here before and willing to pay for great but it was just high prices for not great

Reviewed 22 October 2017

Three of us ate here after attending a matinee at the Laguna Playhouse. This is a lovely restaurant right on South Coast Hwy. The menu is very interesting. It focuses on grazing plates to share. There must have been about 20 dishes plus an additional special. On our night it was lamb meatballs with a tomato fondue sauce on a bed of polenta. Four meatball were served in a small cast iron skillet. Very tasty. Our waiter also told us about the fish and meat special of the day. A swordfish and a bone-in filet. There are plenty of entrees, salads, soups and paella to choose from if the specials don't intrigue. In our group, on opted for the filet special, one for the garlic shrimp of the grazing menu and I went for the filet three ways plate, Oskar, Wellington and Diane styles. We all ordered the BLT Wedge salads. This is perhaps the best wedge salad I have ever tasted. The wedge on our plates was actually a wedge of killer blue cheese. The lettuce was a small artisan head lettuce served bottom side up so that the blue cheese dressing permeated in between all the leaves. The tomatoes were honest to goodness ripe heirloom tomatoes. Yum. The bacon was beautifully fried lardons. All of this was topped off with probably the best tasting thin onion rings ever. A very good start before the entrees. One cute thing...I ordered a glass of wine. After the wine was delivered, a server showed up with a small baguette in a bag and a dish of butter-based spread. It comes with wine. The three of us shared the warm, crust crisp bread. The bone-in filet was a monster topped with some roasted Cipollini onions and some cherry tomatoes and roasted mushrooms attractively arranged on the plate. The garlic shrimp were served in another cast iron vessel sizzling hot. The were succulent and very garlicky. Quite a hit. My filet three ways were three filet medallions cooked to a perfect medium rare. The Oskar was a medallion topped with asparagus and then lump crab; the Diane was topped with cracked pepper and three of the tiniest, tastiest onion rings; finally, the Wellington was a variation as it was not wrapped in pasty, rather it was a medallion topped with lovely duxelles and capped with a small puff pastry. The size of the plate is deceiving especially after sharing an appetize and a large salad. I left some of the Oskar and the Wellington which my husband happily finished. I was the only one who ordered wine. I picked the Neilson by Byron Pinot Noir at $11 per glass. The cheapest glass I saw on the menu was $9. Our service was very good. This is not a cheap restaurant. I think a couple should plan on $100 for dinner without alcohol if going for the entrees. The grazing option and salads will allow you to bring down the tab. I do think it was value for the price and would come back. As always, parking is always the issue in Laguna Beach but there is the trolley than can come to the rescue.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Great setting, upstairs next to rail... perfect for romantic dinner. Excellent cocktails and tasty, fresh, warm bread and butter (complimentary) to start the meal. Eric was very good waiter and did his best to make our evening feel like a special occasion, even though it wasn't. Pre-split Farm Salad... Dried cranberries, toasted almonds, goat cheese, sherry vinaigrette, was perfect way to start meal. Wife's Seabass was delicious, as was my Rack of Lamb. Only problem I had with my lamb dish is that it was a small portion and accompanied only by a string of on-the-vine cherry tomatoes. Would be nice if they added another chop to the dish, or at least threw in more vegetables or a starch such as rice or potatoes. Overall, an excellent experience (as usual) and we'll definitely return.