“Gotten much worse”

Pizza Antica
Ranked #10 of 82 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 4 April 2018

We have been to this restaurant often over the years and been moderately pleased. The service on this visit was very off-putting, if not embarrassing. Courses brought out at the wrong time and served simultaneously, water glasses unfilled, cold food, missing utensils. And all over-priced. Never again.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

I wanted to like this place and it was ok. BUT, service was a bit lacking and while the food was good, it wasn't anything special. We started with the frito misto, which a bit heavily breaded, but again ok. I also had the margarita pizza, and while a lot of good cheese, not much basil flavor.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

Terrible, I’m sorry to say. Been here many times, and have never had such horrible food and service. Our party of 6 was celebrating my husband’s birthday. When our food was delivered, my manicotti was lukewarm (and was very gristly) and his calzone was ice cold on the inside. The dough was brown and puffy, but the ingredients were cold. When our waiter finally returned to our table, he took the calzone and they made another one. When delivered, it was also cold. We sent it back, and our waiter apologized and asked if my husband would like anything else from the menu. He said no, and had a slice of our daughter’s pizza. While all this was going on, the entire staff, including the manager, were congregated at the bar watching the basketball game on tv. We got our bill, and the calzone had been credited. In my opinion, the entire meal should have been gratis. Food returned twice, very poor service, and inattentive staff. This was a birthday celebration which fell flat. I have been to the Pizza Antica in Santana Row in San Jose several times and it has always been exceptional. No one in my family will ever dine at the Orinda Pizza Antica again.

Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

This review was written after visiting this establishment the second time. The food is fresh and tasty. Upon sitting at our table our server informed us of the featured wines and specials. We were undecided on our wine selection and let's us taste the two we narrowed it down to. The three cheese pizza with shredded broccoli was great, spinach salad was fresh and meatballs that were moist and served with lightly flavored garlic toast. The Cabernet we decided on was the perlius( probably spelled wrong) Italian wine. Overall, service was on point, food was good and we enjoy this place. We'll be back.

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Pizza Antica is in downtown Lafayette and there is usually plenty of street parking or in the small lot in back. Try the Hobbs Spicy Calabrese Sausage pizza. It's amazing with chopped peppers and a slightly spicy tomato sauce. Also, the meatballs are excellent as an appetizer. They also have great salads if you're not up for pizza.